HDTV Picture

Asdad3

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
I currently have a 811 receiver which is hooked up (DVI) to a RCA HDTV television. I have noticed that when I switch from 480p to 1080i the picture color fades in and out (light to dark). If I switch back to the 480p then the color does not fade in and out. Any solutions to fix this problem??

Asdad3 said:
I currently have a 811 receiver which is hooked up (DVI) to a RCA HDTV television. I have noticed that when I switch from 480p to 1080i the picture color fades in and out (light to dark). If I switch back to the 480p then the color does not fade in and out. Any solutions to fix this problem??

Sounds like a TV problem.....but if you happen to have another DVI input (another TV?) then I would just confirm that it's not a 811 problem. Also, is your firmware up-to-date on the 811?

Keep in mind that the DVI port is labeled "DISH DVI". I was told by the installer that unless you connect the Dish DVI port to a "Dish supported monitor" it will not work properly. The only "Dish supported monitors" that I am aware of are the ones that Dish offered in their HDTV in a box promotions. :confused:

My 811 is hooked up to a Sony LCD HDTV and works fine at 1080i connected via an DVI to HDMI conversion cable. There are standards for these DVI input/outputs and just because they call it DISH DVI doesn't mean it is out of spec with the standard. Although, my experience with IEEE-1394 ( aka i-link, Firewire) has convinced me that digital connections can be a bit finicky.

As mentioned, make sure you are running at least P284 on the firmware.

If you don't have any problems with the component output picture, I would just go that way if you aren't using them for DVD or something.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for all the comments, I will try some new things to see if it works. Yes, I am running P284 on the 811.