Picture issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bossmas4325

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2022
FLORIDA
the display format on my receivers dosent stick when ever I watch an SD channel it show in 4.3 square format and I have to change the display format settings to stretch but that setting doesn’t stay where I put it what gives ? Any one else having this problem? 

I honestly don't know, I don't watch any SD channels although I have a couple of them in my favorites list. I will check it out tonight when I get home and see what it does.

Reactions: charlesrshell
the display format on my receivers dosent stick when ever I watch an SD channel it show in 4.3 square format and I have to change the display format settings to stretch but that setting doesn’t stay where I put it what gives ? Any one else having this problem? 
What receiver are we talking about?

Reactions: Bobby
No, it's something in one of the latest updates. A lot of customers complain about it

Will it be fix dose dish know about it if I call CS what do I tell them ?

Sadly you now know more about it then they will. Sounds like DISH is aware of it since there have already been complaints. They will address it Soon™.

Reactions: HipKat
In my experience the Display Format stays fine until I change to a different channel, and then it won't auto correct or if I go back to my SD, it defaults back to the format I did NOT select for it the first time I tuned to it. This has been the case for YEARS--and YEARS!

OK, I don't know if this helps, but I have found that when I am NOT able to affect the Display Format (most likely because I was tuned to an OTA channel when I set it), I have to tune to a SAT High-Def channel, and then I am allowed to change the Display Format, and then I can put the HD channel back to the proper Display Format, and then I allowed to change the SD channel to any Display Format I want. This has been the bug FOREVER!

At this point I would choose the EPG data for all the OTA sub-channel diginets over Dish fixing the STUIPID Display Option bug, but I should NOT have to choose, but expect Dish to fix BOTH! :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
In my experience the Display Format stays fine until I change to a different channel, and then it won't auto correct or if I go back to my SD, it defaults back to the format I did NOT select for it the first time I tuned to it. This has been the case for YEARS--and YEARS!

OK, I don't know if this helps, but I have found that when I am NOT able to affect the Display Format (most likely because I was tuned to an OTA channel when I set it), I have to tune to a SAT High-Def channel, and then I am allowed to change the Display Format, and then I can put the HD channel back to the proper Display Format, and then I allowed to change the SD channel to any Display Format I want. This has been the bug FOREVER!

At this point I would choose the EPG data for all the OTA sub-channel diginets over Dish fixing the STUIPID Display Option bug, but I should NOT have to choose, but expect Dish to fix BOTH! :)
any updates as to whats going on my tvs did it again last night

If i tune to 4:3 SD channel it set to stretch the image and keeps the setting just fine, only time it resets normal is if i use app like netflix and it exits to one those channels that 4:3 SD only then does revert back to normal, so long as i dont use those apps that full screen it remembers.

Running H3 + 4k Joey, watching on H3 or 4K joey remebers aspect of said 4:3 SD channels just fine less running one of said apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts