Picture issue

Bossmas4325

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2022
FLORIDA
the display format on my receivers dosent stick when ever I watch an SD channel it show in 4.3 square format and I have to change the display format settings to stretch but that setting doesn’t stay where I put it what gives ? Any one else having this problem? 

I honestly don't know, I don't watch any SD channels although I have a couple of them in my favorites list. I will check it out tonight when I get home and see what it does.

Reactions: charlesrshell
the display format on my receivers dosent stick when ever I watch an SD channel it show in 4.3 square format and I have to change the display format settings to stretch but that setting doesn’t stay where I put it what gives ? Any one else having this problem? 
What receiver are we talking about?

Reactions: Bobby
No, it's something in one of the latest updates. A lot of customers complain about it

Will it be fix dose dish know about it if I call CS what do I tell them ?

Sadly you now know more about it then they will. Sounds like DISH is aware of it since there have already been complaints. They will address it Soon™.

Reactions: HipKat
In my experience the Display Format stays fine until I change to a different channel, and then it won't auto correct or if I go back to my SD, it defaults back to the format I did NOT select for it the first time I tuned to it. This has been the case for YEARS--and YEARS!

OK, I don't know if this helps, but I have found that when I am NOT able to affect the Display Format (most likely because I was tuned to an OTA channel when I set it), I have to tune to a SAT High-Def channel, and then I am allowed to change the Display Format, and then I can put the HD channel back to the proper Display Format, and then I allowed to change the SD channel to any Display Format I want. This has been the bug FOREVER!

At this point I would choose the EPG data for all the OTA sub-channel diginets over Dish fixing the STUIPID Display Option bug, but I should NOT have to choose, but expect Dish to fix BOTH! :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
In my experience the Display Format stays fine until I change to a different channel, and then it won't auto correct or if I go back to my SD, it defaults back to the format I did NOT select for it the first time I tuned to it. This has been the case for YEARS--and YEARS!

OK, I don't know if this helps, but I have found that when I am NOT able to affect the Display Format (most likely because I was tuned to an OTA channel when I set it), I have to tune to a SAT High-Def channel, and then I am allowed to change the Display Format, and then I can put the HD channel back to the proper Display Format, and then I allowed to change the SD channel to any Display Format I want. This has been the bug FOREVER!

At this point I would choose the EPG data for all the OTA sub-channel diginets over Dish fixing the STUIPID Display Option bug, but I should NOT have to choose, but expect Dish to fix BOTH! :)
any updates as to whats going on my tvs did it again last night

If i tune to 4:3 SD channel it set to stretch the image and keeps the setting just fine, only time it resets normal is if i use app like netflix and it exits to one those channels that 4:3 SD only then does revert back to normal, so long as i dont use those apps that full screen it remembers.

Running H3 + 4k Joey, watching on H3 or 4K joey remebers aspect of said 4:3 SD channels just fine less running one of said apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts