HDTV question

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Does anyone get small pixels or dots around each letter when you look at the guide section in the Directv menu?? I have a Samsung DLP is that normal for DLPs or am I the lucky one that bought a defective unit??

watch in movie mode so the DNIe is disabled.

If not the above it could be processing error / compromises.

Well when I watch anything in 720P mode i see more of the dots or noises on the screen. Plus when I watch a movie I get noises especially during darker scenes, thought it was just the disk but i see it on all my hd or blu ray dvds

What connection are you using between your receiver and the tv? Also, are you using any sharpness setting or edge enhancement?

All my conncections are done by HDMI and I have everything set to the factory settings, the only thing i have played with is DNIe and I dont see any difference in pq

All my conncections are done by HDMI and I have everything set to the factory settings, the only thing i have played with is DNIe and I dont see any difference in pq

Are you able to hook up component cables from the receiver to the TV? This could help determine if the HDMI cable is at fault.

I have tried that no go plus another weird thing happened while I was watching ESPNHD i was playing with the resolution settings and the 480P had a much better pq than 720p or 1080i. Is my TV defective should I have a Samsung Tech come and check it out?