HDTV receiver question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Fredfa, cool thanks any idea about the (non Tivo) HDTV receivers though ?

Snipr4x4 said:
Fredfa, cool thanks any idea about the (non Tivo) HDTV receivers though ?
I have never measured the temps, but the LG, Sony and Hughes boxes on the market were all made by LG. The only difference is the plastic bezels on the front. Do you have that many heat issues?

Do any of you know if on the Hughes E86 receiver if the remote will work with out the Shark fin antenna ?

Also if the E86 will work being controlled by a Bose Lifestyle 35 remote ?

I know the E86 is a piece of crap. I had on. Now I have the HTL-HD and it is 10 times the piece of equipment that the E86 is. I really mean that too. I hated my E86 and you want to talk about HEAT ... that could melt a DVD on top of it.

Snipr4x4 said:
Do any of you know if on the Hughes E86 receiver if the remote will work with out the Shark fin antenna ?
This is an RF antenna so yes it will work in IR mode without this antenna.

know the E86 is a piece of crap. I had on. Now I have the HTL-HD and it is 10 times the piece of equipment that the E86 is. I really mean that too. I hated my E86 and you want to talk about HEAT ... that could melt a DVD on top of it.

Slacker, cool thank for the heads up. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for two of the HTL-HD

I cannot compare various models, but I got the Samsung TS360 installed on Friday and have no complaints. In spite of the various negative postings I have seen on the Samsung, I have had none of those problems so far -- I think those manufactured more recently have most of the kinks worked out.

The picture is great, better than in the store (Best Buy was using a Hughes model), and the interface is very friendly. A lot of cool features and options.

The shark fin is the antennae for the remote.The remote is RF radio frequency it can be used any were in the house within 100'.Yes the unit gets hot but don't they all? Without the shark fin the remote is just a reg. remote.If you run cable from the Tv out of Ird. to another tv you can us the remote to watch tv on 2 tv's. ;)

Whic one runs the coolest of the DirecTV's HD Receivers?

I had a Sony HD-200 which was in a closed entertainment center. Never had any heat related issues with it--it was only slightly warm to the touch when in use.

I now have an HD Tivo and it runs 1 or 2 degrees cooler than my SD Tivo.

Hope this helps!

Snipr4x4 said:
Which one runs the coolest of the DirecTV's HD receivers ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)