HDTV, who do I go with?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After thinking about it further and reading the posts, I would say VOOM is the best bet! If you can get NINE digital channels OTA in Minn., then use 'em, they are free!

Voom will hook you up for 399 bucks, give you the most HD content AND install a powered antenna for your locals.

That would equate to an IMMEDIATE 39 or 40 HD channels, which is supposed to increase to 39 channels from VOOM, added to your nine OTA, or 48. You would be the HD king! LOL.

Just trying to get the best use of yer 57 inch Hitachi.

jabroni said:
After thinking about it further and reading the posts, I would say VOOM is the best bet! ....
Voom will hook you up for 399 bucks, give you the most HD content AND install a powered antenna for your locals.

That would equate to an IMMEDIATE 39 or 40 HD channels, which is supposed to increase to 39 channels from VOOM, added to your nine OTA, or 48. You would be the HD king! LOL.
And for that you'll pay over $100 p/month and still be lacking a substantial number of current SD offerings. Many of the 39 channels are bogus in terms of programming. Voom is looking more and more like an expensive adjunct to either other DBS systems or cable.
But yeah, I guess you could call yourself the king of HD for what that's worth :confused:

But Andymon, you are just bitter, for whatever reason! :)

You don't have to pay 100 bucks a month either, get one plus pak with your regular bill and pay for a second plus pak, for a total of 53 bucks a month. Add in all of the OTA digitals and you are still sitting pretty.

Or let me rephrase. For 53 bucks a month, you get a LOT more HD than I get with EVERYTHING Direct has to offer.

jabroni said:
But Andymon, you are just bitter, for whatever reason! :)

You don't have to pay 100 bucks a month either, get one plus pak with your regular bill and pay for a second plus pak, for a total of 53 bucks a month. Add in all of the OTA digitals and you are still sitting pretty.

Or let me rephrase. For 53 bucks a month, you get a LOT more HD than I get with EVERYTHING Direct has to offer.
Now, do I look bitter? What kind of silly statement is that?
Anyway, my only point was, and still is, that you have to pay at least $100 in order to get all their programming. If you don't get all their programming then you don't get the advertised 39 HD channels, the preponderance of which have been pretty much universally regarded with little enthusiasm. Then, you're still left with fewer worthwhile SD offerings. Not so difficult to figure out, is it? From this factual posting you say I'm bitter? Twaddle.
Insofar as OTA is concerned, well, the last time I checked it was a wash since regardless of which DBS company you get your HD from the receiver will have the ATSC tuner built in and besides, it's free. So, what's your point? :smug ;) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)