HDTV

schalid

Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
WI
Hi, I'm new on here. I just got upraded to HD from DISH. I have a 722 dvr.I was not aware you could only get HD on one tv. The DISH technician did not offer any solution when I displayed my disappointment. Is the option of getting a second reciever as a 211 the answer? Would my dvr work the same? I am not concerned about recording and watching at the same time. I record when I am at work. DISH upgraded me, I wonder if they would send out a second reciever that I could install myself. And would I get free HD for life on the 2nd one? I have been a customer since 1996. The tech did say they will have a box coming out to get HD on all tvs, but did not say when that might be.

There are a couple options to get HD on the second TV. One would be running a HD cable from the receiver to the second TV (keep in mind that the picture on TV1 and TV2 would bes the same all the time, "mirrored"). The other option is getting a second receiver just for that room. Having an additional receiver on the account will cost at least $7/month though (charge depends on receiver, ranging from $7-$17 a month). If you wanted the additional receiver, our system would require a tech to come out since it would be an additional and needs to be wired.

This is the link to the receivers the tech mentioned
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/254573-questions-about-new-xip-receivers.html

Would the dvr be able to record a different channel? I understand tv 1 and 2 would have the same picture as I believe it has to be in single mode.

A 211 at the 2nd TV would give you HD there. Add an ehd for a 1 time fee of $0 would make it a dvr where you could record 1 dish feed and 1 ota feed at a time. Connect it via hdmi and connect the tv2 output from your primary receiver via coa:mad:home distribution) would enable you to watch either the 211 in HD or the feed from the 722 is SD. That is the set up I use.

Or replace the 722 with 2 211s add hard drives to each 211 and you would have HDTV on each TV and still have 2 turners with DVR capability though now in 2 separate rooms. The hard drives can be moved from one 211 to the other so you can move recorded programming. Because the 211 does not have the $6 DVR fee the $7 fee for a second receiver is almost offset so having 2 HDTV DVR receivers will only increase your bill by $1 per month. There also would be the onetime expense of buying the hard drives and the $40 fee DISH charges for DVR capability.

Typo. The ehd for a 211 is $40 but there is no fee for connecting an ehd to the 722. They are not exchangeable. The advantage to the 722 is that you can record 2 Dish feeds and 1 ota at the same time in HD. 2 ota if it's a k version with the ota module.

I guess adding a 211 for 2nd tv is the answer. I did not understand that the 2nd tv would be SD when the tech came. I wish he would have offered the addition of a 211 as a suggestion. I should have done my research before hand!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)