GEOSATpro HDVR 1200 No Quality

srbspikey123

Original poster
Mar 24, 2015
greenwood sc
hi ev1 I have a geosat pro hdvr 1200 receiver and I get good signal strength and no signal quality. I have tried moving my dish in all positions and still no quality signal.i am also using and quad universal lnbf could this be the problem or could it be that I am using used RG6 cables on it.

Welcome to the site srbspikey123 !!!!
It could be the cable or connections, but just cause it is used don't mean it is bad.
Do you have the receiver set-up for a universal LNBF in the settings menu. If it is set for standard 10750, that would be the incorrect setting for a universal.

I did have the universal lnbf set to 10750 but I don't know what to set it on. I think some of the problem was it was on a post in the ground but the
post wasn't steady it would move so now I put it on the back of my house on my brick wall not sure if that is going to work or not. I have another ? does anyone know what the time zone on the geosat pro hdvr 1200 is.

I did have the universal lnbf set to 10750 but I don't know what to set it on. I think some of the problem was it was on a post in the ground but the
post wasn't steady it would move so now I put it on the back of my house on my brick wall not sure if that is going to work or not. I have another ? does anyone know what the time zone on the geosat pro hdvr 1200 is.
Generally the setting for universal is 9750 10600. What lnb are you using? A loose mount such as the post you mentioned will cause lots of problems. Make sure your mounting post is sturdy and plumb (perfectly vertical). Not sure what is meant by time zone for the HDVR1200. :)

To get a quality reading, two things have to be programmed correctly in the receiver.
First: LNBF type and frequency.
Second is an known active transponder on the satellite. Check The List (Other Sites tab Above) or mikes list at MPEG Central
Check www.dishpointer.com for aiming the dish
A firm plumb pole makes it a lot easier.
When aiming the dish, make small adjustments across the line dishpointer paints. Wait a while for the receiver to get a lock on the transponder to show Quality. 10 seconds is not unusual. If no "Q", repeat movement.
If you go all the way past the line, raise or lower the dish 1° and repeat.
Once "Q" is seen. Adjust E-W, up down for maximum.

Generally the setting for universal is 9750 10600. What lnb are you using? A loose mount such as the post you mentioned will cause lots of problems. Make sure your mounting post is sturdy and plumb (perfectly vertical). Not sure what is meant by time zone for the HDVR1200. :)
I

I have a X2 LSP-IT-04 PREMIUM QUAD LNB HD READY AND 3D READY 0.1db

That LNB should work. Set your Lo to Universal 9750/10600, if your receiver doesn't have a setting for that, then set it for just 10600.

When you're setting the skew for that LNB, pay attention to the skew scale on the LNB, if it has one. I had a few X2 LNB's a few years back that I'd assumed zero skew was with the connectors faced downward and it wasn't, it was with the connectors faced outward to one side. I don't know if all X2 LNB's are like that, but the two I had were. They didn't last long for me, matter of months, but they were dirt cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)