Heading Out this Holiday???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
I was wondering how many are stuffing a turkey sandwich in their pocket and heading out shopping???
I did a first this year by being at Big Lots at 6:00 (Opened 7:00) this turkey day and bought some games for our Wii. After pawing through the paper with all of the ads I do not find much reason to head out this year and fight the crowds shopping. Actually Radio Shack had a couple of things that caught my attention! There are no TVs, players, recorders, media or even tools that I "have to have" this year for my satellite stuff or home theater!!! This will be the first time in like 15 years I am not heading out. Any one else find a lot of goodies or bored with the ads or perhaps just have way too much stuff!!! :facepalm

No shopping today, but will definitely be out early on Black Friday. Of course, it is a personal choice but I really don't want to shop today. Family, Food, Fun and Football for me today.

Already did some of mine this past week. Food and Football today, may check out some online deals tonight or tomorrow, but I don't care to deal with the crowds.

I am going to the cabin where the nearest store is about 20 miles away....so no I am not going out shopping

My stepdad asked me the other day if I had seen any good Idiot Friday deals. My response "well since I dont have any money idiot friday is kinda a moot point to me" :)

I was wondering how many are stuffing a turkey sandwich in their pocket and heading out shopping???
I did a first this year by being at Big Lots at 6:00 (Opened 7:00) this turkey day and bought some games for our Wii. After pawing through the paper with all of the ads I do not find much reason to head out this year and fight the crowds shopping. Actually Radio Shack had a couple of things that caught my attention! There are no TVs, players, recorders, media or even tools that I "have to have" this year for my satellite stuff or home theater!!! This will be the first time in like 15 years I am not heading out. Any one else find a lot of goodies or bored with the ads or perhaps just have way too much stuff!!! :facepalm

Ya, RadioShack caught my attention too, they have a 16GB SanDisk MicroSDHC I could use for my phone for $16.99. But I think I can get a PNY for the same price at NewEgg. I like to do my Christmas shopping closer to Christmas, like a week before, and in a big mall (mainly Macy's and Sears).

My stepdad asked me the other day if I had seen any good Idiot Friday deals. My response "well since I dont have any money idiot friday is kinda a moot point to me" :)

Same here I think its crazy fighting the crowds and I have no money this year so moot point for me too.

I will not participate in the commercialization of yet another holiday. Retailers who value profits over their employees will never get my business.... No matter the discount or savings.

Making employees choose income over family is wrong and this will only change if we take an individual stand and influence others to do the same.

We can wait until tomorrow.....

I will not participate in the commercialization of yet another holiday. Retailers who value profits over their employees will never get my business.... No matter the discount or savings.

Making employees choose income over family is wrong and this will only change if we take an individual stand and influence others to do the same.

We can wait until tomorrow.....

I agree that we can do without the commercialization of holidays and it is supposed to be time for family. I lost my mom in January and my dad in June and today's shopping trip was to help avoid the emptiness of loosing a place to go. As for most employees that are stuck working I do not think that too many of them have a choice on working today if they want to keep their jobs. I know that there is a lot of greed out there but I think that retailers are trying to draw in the most people that they can since there are a lot of people that do not have to work today. The Black Friday specials do seem to be starting earlier in the morning (Or late night now!) every year and I wish that they would keep it "normal" hours and not a 2 day and night blitz!

I am going to the cabin where the nearest store is about 20 miles away....so no I am not going out shopping My stepdad asked me the other day if I had seen any good Idiot Friday deals. My response "well since I dont have any money idiot friday is kinda a moot point to me" :)
You need a hi tech job. TECHdotMN – Jobs

Even though I wouldn't mind replacing my 2 year old LCD TV with an LED, I can't think of anything to make me camp out at any store. Hard to believe I'm saying this, I'm satisfied with my current crop of high tech toys.

Black Friday used to be fairly calm and I remember buying everything on my list from several stores and being home in 3 hours! Not any more! The first real crazy year was about 10 years ago for me. I came home looking kind of frazzled and my asked me how the trip was.
I told her, "I never felt so many butts and boobies in all of my life!!!"
Her reply was, "I am not even sure that you went shopping!!!..."
The women were the craziest that year with all their pushing and shoving! After that I just would concentrate on one store and call it quits for the day.

Forget the shopping, I think my nerves and blood pressure would be better if I had thought up a good punkin chunkin design and went to Delaware for the championships instead.

Even though I wouldn't mind replacing my 2 year old LCD TV with an LED, I can't think of anything to make me camp out at any store. Hard to believe I'm saying this, I'm satisfied with my current crop of high tech toys.

Ya, me neither. Already got a 1080 HDTV, i7 Laptop, DSLR cam, yamaha 5.1.

The stuff I need a BF deal on is not stuff that they would put on a BF deal, like a Roland Fantom-G8. Also could use a 3D HDTV but not seeing very many deals on them, only the cheaper stuff.

The Midnight (and earlier) openings really discouraged me this year. I will NOT stand in a line on Thanksgiving afternoon or evening. There were some good deals out there, and fortunately what I wanted (mostly cheap Blu-Rays) was still there without having to ruin Thanksgiving night standing in line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)