Heads Up - Possible MAJOR DIRECTV Dispute (RUMOR ALERT!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
(RUMOR ALERT!)

Heads up, while people are watching to see what happens between DISH and ESPN / DISNEY I am hearing that DIRECTV could soon have it's own major dispute on its hands. The word I am getting is that DIRECTV could soon be in dispute with Turner soon, affecting CNN, CNN Esp. HLN, TNT, TruTV, TBS, TBC, TCM, Cartoon and Boomerang.

I am being told that DIRECTV is gearing up for this dispute and is even ramping up getting its DIRECTVPROMISE.COM ready for the dispute.

Again this is just a rumor, we hope DIRECTV and Turner can come to a deal. It is unknown when their contract expires.

Hopefully they will handle this and the customer will see little impact.

The only channel I watch in that set is TBS and now that baseball is over, I don't even do that.

With that said, they'll probably settle before anything is pulled

Noooo, not TNT!! They carry the major midweek NBA games plus I'd miss Barclay & Shaq on Inside The NBA.

I wonder if technology stuff along with increased rates will be the problem in the dispute like Dish's with ESPN / Disney? Times are a changing people & this is the beginning of the war for survival for these tv providers as these program providers begin the process of cutting the middle man out. Cable & Satellite companies can see themselves being cut out of the picture in the near future, another victim of the internet like record companies & video stores. Sometimes we forget that these tv providers are just mere middlemen and their vendors see the internet as an ideal way to get directly to the consumer. However, they see the writing on the wall so we'll be seeing more & more of these disputes with the outcome of the Dish/ESPN dispute giving us an idea how the war is going.

The only thing that affect me is TNT CNN and TBS for Baseball and NCAA Basketball when Tournament time comes around and Thanks for the heads up Scott!! :)

I am not watching any of those right now, but I wouldn't want them to go away for any length of time.

I'm moderately embarrassed to say we do watch some TruTV but the rest of the list doesn't impact us one bit.

I brought this up on the Dish/Disney side, but if it has to do with digital media issues and such, this looks to be the new issue with programmers when it comes to new agreements.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

(RUMOR ALERT!)

Heads up, while people are watching to see what happens between DISH and ESPN / DISNEY I am hearing that DIRECTV could soon have it's own major dispute on its hands. The word I am getting is that DIRECTV could soon be in dispute with Turner soon, affecting CNN, CNN Esp. HLN, TNT, TruTV, TBS, TBC, TCM, Cartoon and Boomerang.

I am being told that DIRECTV is gearing up for this dispute and is even ramping up getting its DIRECTVPROMISE.COM ready for the dispute.

Again this is just a rumor, we hope DIRECTV and Turner can come to a deal. It is unknown when their contract expires.
Turner only holds a part of the holdings for those channels. Disney Viacom holds part, and then you have Time Warner holding the rest of the cards. If anyone is playing games, it is Time Warner, just like Comcast did with their channel holdings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts