Heads Will Roll!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
How about this to test your integrity. A while back JC Penny and Docker's ran a special where you bought $100 worth of selected Docker's apparel and you get a free 7" portable DVD player.

OK, I bit and sent in the necessary proof of purchase, receipts and so forth for my ONE DVD player.

A month goes by and I check on line from a email sent by the fulfilment center which states the DVD player had been shipped and the ONE tracking number. The next few days go by and at my door are TWO identical boxes with my name and separate shipment numbers. IE, not one box of two. One of one and that was it.

I open the boxes and what do I find? You guessed it, TWO Coby DVD players! Well I said Honey, guess what? We have a Christmass gift out of the way for two of our kids!

A month has gone by and UPS comes to my door today. Here for a pickup. A pickup I ask? Yes he says. I can only think it must be something my wife was sending back to Avon. So I ask, what is it for or who is it from? He states it is for a DVD player!

I stand there scratching my head asking myself out loud, A DVD player? Remember a month has gone by and the two DVD players are still sitting in the shipping boxes on my desk.

I tell the UPS driver I had to call my wife and ask her what was going on and he says there is a phone number on the pickup order and just then the lightbulb goes off in my head what the pickup is all about.

Then the UPS driver gives me the phone number and says he will return tomorrow for the box. I say OK and send him on his way. Now the phone call.

I call the number and ask what this is all about and the lady asks me did I receive TWO DVD players. I did not tell her who I was or anything so I thought and said aaaaa wellllll yes I did receive TWO players. She said well then send one back,.. it was sent by mistake.

Sooooo.. I ask did this happen to many people? She states yes MANY people received TWO instead of one. So I ask her are many sending them back? She said yes. (Yea right!) So I tell her I will do the same when the driver comes back tomorrow.

I call her back and ask do I get a receipt for the returned player? No, we have no way of tracking the returns. WHAT? you are asking me to do the honorable thing and no documentation is going to exist to prove that fact? She states that's right.

Well,... I ask her to look up my name and address which I finally give her and she does. I tell her to make a note in my record that I sent this back , which I am going to do. I always try to do the right thing to avoid bad karma.

I just pity the poor minimum wage idiot who sent all those duplicate shipments out the door!

Has this happened to anyone else with the Docker's deal and what did you do or will you do? Or, what would you do in a similar circumstance. :rolleyes:

I was always told if you received a product by mail that was never ordered or asked for that you have the right to keep it. Even though you sent for the one you didn't ask for 2. I'd tell them tuff $h!t, and keep it.

...I just pity the poor minimum wage idiot who sent all those duplicate shipments out the door!...
Are you kidding - Guess how many he sent to himself...?!?

Seriously, agreeing with thiggen2 - I probably wouldn't have said anything on my own, but if they came looking for it, like in your case, I would definitely fess-up as you did. Honesty is the best policy in every situation, but I would wait for them to admit to their mistake first. Otherwise you'd actually have more trouble trying to return it than it's worth!

The only difference, I would make sure to ask the UPS pick-up driver for a receipt/tracking number. That way I'm completely blameless once it's consigned to the carrier if for some reason it doesn't arrive on the other end...

PS - Was the player worth anything, like the added hassle/headache...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)