Hearst, now Cox Media

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just checked WFXT again. They are back with no sound. And up pops the "no need to call us" technical difficulties screen...

I just checked WFXT again. They are back with no sound. And up pops the "no need to call us" technical difficulties screen...

Sounds like that station is having some issues and I would say that sense the slide is the no need to call us versus the normal retrans slides that would normally be up due to a pulled station it's good news that once the technical issues are resolved it willl come back up.

Sounds like that station is having some issues and I would say that sense the slide is the no need to call us versus the normal retrans slides that would normally be up due to a pulled station it's good news that once the technical issues are resolved it willl come back up.

It's back with audio.

Sunday Ticket only includes out-of-market games. Games airing on a local channel in your market must be viewed on the local channel, and the Sunday Ticket channel is blacked out.
That has been the process for years, and is not an impact of this dispute.

It is more noticeable with this dispute as the local station is off Directv.

Thanks, I didn't know how it worked jcrandall.

As far as I know there's no agreement with Hearst. Only with Cox.

KCCI, a Hearst station in Des Moines is off. If I lived a mile east I could get the Waterloo CBS station. I've got one TV in the house connected to an antenna that gets the Waterloo stations. Its not really an issue for us, we don't watch that much network tv. The one suffering is my mom, who watches a lot of KCCI during the day. There is an antenna on the apartment building she lives in, and if this goes on very long I'll have to see if I can hook her up to that. Or, if this keeps up, she might just go to the local cable co. They not only provide both the Des Moines and Waterloo channels, they include all the sub channels. DTV only will provide us with the Des Moines channels.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
KCCI, a Hearst station in Des Moines is off. If I lived a mile east I could get the Waterloo CBS station. I've got one TV in the house connected to an antenna that gets the Waterloo stations. Its not really an issue for us, we don't watch that much network tv. The one suffering is my mom, who watches a lot of KCCI during the day. There is an antenna on the apartment building she lives in, and if this goes on very long I'll have to see if I can hook her up to that. Or, if this keeps up, she might just go to the local cable co. They not only provide both the Des Moines and Waterloo channels, they include all the sub channels. DTV only will provide us with the Des Moines channels.
And what happens when KCCI's agreement is up with the local cable company ?
They have contracts just like D* does.

And what happens when KCCI's agreement is up with the local cable company ?
They have contracts just like D* does.
Read my post. MediaCom provides channels from both the Des Moines AND Iowa City/Cedar Rapids/Waterloo area (plus the sub-channels). DTV only provides us the primary Des Moines channels. KGAN is a Sinclair station, so both the Hearst and Sinclair contracts would have to come up for renewal at the same time. Possible, but not likely. She wouldn't be dependent on just one source.
She's an 87 year old woman who just wants to be able to sleep through her daytime programming so she can stay awake for college hoops at night. Is that to much to ask?

Still out in Portland, Maine, just like the others, I just downloaded the ABC App on my Fire TV and it shows Live programming so I got the news, jeopardy and the network shows all live. WMTW and Hearst can pound sand for all I care. THOUGH I hope they get an agreement with D*TV NOW though this process as locals are the only thing holding me back from going to NOW or PS.

I love the local Hearst stations in NW Arkansas all they do is copy the same canned letter saying it's DIRECTV's fault is to why they are off the air. This time most people see that Hearst is the greedy one. Their first statement was we deliver top tier programming. That's laughable at best.

Reactions: Bogy
Hearst is back! Only took over 6 days to do so. ;( No ABC VOD back so I can't catch up on what I missed this last week so that may take a little bit longer to restore or maybe DIRECTV ended their ABC VOD channel without me knowing it.

I'm still going to try writing more letters to get the retrans law tweaked. I feel if a new agreement isn't in place at the deadline, the channels should remain while both sides go to arbitration.

Better yet, how about no retrans fees at all since the TV stations are supposed to be doing a public good and when a channel goes out on DIRECTV, the station is failing its mission to inform tens or hundreds of thousands of viewers with current events nationally and locally and also relay government messages in times of threat to person or property.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts