Heat Wave...

Status
Not open for further replies.
97 Friday
98 Saturday
99 Sunday
New record highs each day. I was really worried about today, but:
86 today :cool:

Upper 90s here. I forgot how hot it can get here. We set a couple of records as well.

Same here.

I'd gladly trade you that dry heat for the humidity we suffer through dfergie! :D

We could DEFINATELY use some of that rain here!! We're already over 6 inches below normal for the year.

Neutron said:
Same here.

I'd gladly trade you that dry heat for the humidity we suffer through dfergie! :D

No way for me! I'll take 110 and 10% humidity over 90 and 100% ANY day! I have lived in the south, midwest and southwest and those with the humidity and rain can KEEP IT please!

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F

May 24
32.gif
Sunny 106°/72°

Wed May 25
32.gif
Sunny 104°/71°

Thu May 26
32.gif
Sunny 102°/69°

Fri May 27
32.gif
Mostly Sunny 102°/69°

Sat May 28
32.gif
Mostly Sunny 100°/69°

High humidity is what suppresses high air temps, but it causes the majority of heat related illnesses and injuries; you just can't cool off with no evaporation.

Yeah, but it's a dry heat....

Sunday it was 109 here in Phoenix, 106 today.

Relative humidity is rock-bottom, though. On Sunday it was 7%.

Highest temp I've experienced here was 119 degrees in 1995. I've seen the humidity down to 3%, the lowest they can reliably measure it, so it might have been even lower than that.

What's 119 degrees feel like? Take a hair dryer, turn it on High and point it toward your face. It feels EXACTLY like that.

But I would take high temps over high humidity every time.

Hey Bunny, where in PHX? I am in the east valley near Val Vista & Elliot. Hottest I have ever been in here was 121 and really past 110 its really all the same. I was in a 103 degree day in Memphis, TN at 100% humidity and that was far worse than the 121 in AZ.

Yeah, we get 110 plus days in June... Was fishing on the Rio Grande In June a few Years back, In the shade the Thermometers said 128 and when we left and signed out at the Ranger station, they said they had recorded 125... spent lots of time in the water that trip... Btw forecast for today is 105...

charper1 said:
No way for me! I'll take 110 and 10% humidity over 90 and 100% ANY day! I have lived in the south, midwest and southwest and those with the humidity and rain can KEEP IT please!

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F

May 24
32.gif
Sunny 106°/72°

Wed May 25
32.gif
Sunny 104°/71°

Thu May 26
32.gif
Sunny 102°/69°

Fri May 27
32.gif
Mostly Sunny 102°/69°

Sat May 28
32.gif
Mostly Sunny 100°/69°

I meant that I would trade the humidity for the dry weather. Been a long day already. :D

Hey Charper, I'm in north central PHX near 19th Avenue and W. Glendale Ave.
Nice to make contact with another PHX person!

I agree, high humidity sucks. I used to live in Washington DC and often in the summertime we would get the "daily double" - temperature and humidity both at 98. Those days were so incredibly miserable, 115 degrees and dry was much more tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts