What will you use for heat this Winter

What will your primary source of heat be?

• Gas(propane or natural)

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • kerosene Oil

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Wood

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other(please post what other is)

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that the price of corn for fuel has increased due to it being used for ethanol and demand going up for it.

I've heard that the price of corn for fuel has increased due to it being used for ethanol and demand going up for it.
It has. But the guys I am referring to who are using it for heat are the guys who are growing it. You could say they are getting it "wholesale." It is a matter of whether they can make more selling it than than the cost of another fuel.

Looked a bit deeper into the corn burner home furnace/water heater units.

Super savings on heating the home if you grow your own corn. :up

If you don't grow your own it cost about the same as a wood fire.

One big complaint is that corn attracts mice:eek:

They also make a furnace/boiler that runs off wood pellets for that very reason.:)

Matt

Most of what they sell around here can either burn corn or wood pellets. The corn is already there, so it isn't like they are attracting any mice they don't already have.

The corn is already there, so it isn't like they are attracting any mice they don't already have.
Cold weather is all that's need for the field mice to head indoors at my place.
Thankfully one of my cats is developing into a decent mouser.

Haven't tried corn pellets in my pellet stove yet. Usually I buy a couples tons of pellets in the early summer when it's cheap.

Way back in the early 80's I led a campus ministry in Brookings, South Dakota. We were living in an apartment building that backed right up to a corn field. In the fall then they harvested the corn all the mice and bugs headed toward us.

Thanks to all that have voted and posted in this Thread/Poll for this year!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)