Heathkit Manuals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NE8E

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
Mid Michigan
Does anyone have access to Heathkit Manuals? I only need PDF, or any digital version. I dont need a paper copy. Most of you are probably aware that someone purchassed the copyright to the entire Heathkit library, and has gone after all the websites who used to offer them for free. I have no problem paying for the manual, however he does not offer the SB-104. Not only does he not have this manual, he will not reply to emails asking if he plans to offer other manuals.

I recently picked up this radio at an antique mall. It's near showroom condition. I really want to restore it. So far I have made some extensions using 5" pieces of 12AWG solid copper to extend the boards so I can work on them while the radio is operating. Total cost so far: $2.89. Plus of course the original $60 paid for the radio. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• sb-104 repair.JPG
    sb-104 repair.JPG
    467.5 KB · Views: 195
Hmmm. I got lots of hits from a google search for "heathkit SB104 manual". Some hardcopies at auction, and some downloads.

This one seems active: Heathkit Schematic Diagram Archive for the schematic.

Ah yes, thank you. I should have mentioned that in the first post. I need the SB-104 and not the SB-104A. There are many similarities, however I am working on the original SB-104 with no upgrades. This unit is upgradable to the 104A, but I intend to keep it original. I do have the schematic and a couple manuals for the SB-104A that I am trying to work from, however, the SB-104 manuals would make things much easier. It is possible that the SB-104 manuals did not include voltages for trouble shooting, but I hope they do. It will make this SO much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)