Heed some help

lonewolfe

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
TN
need some help

The other day I was watching TV and switched over to TNTHD. I got Sat. Signal has been lost. No big deal right? Well i checked my signal strength, all good except for the transponders that the HD Pack are on. SO I did a check switch. Everything is good. SO I give dish a call run through the normal things, and the Tech puts me on hold. Comes back and says my LNB is bad they will have to send me one out. I am cool with this so I say go ahead. Well I come into work this morning (I was out yesterday) and UPS had dropped off a package from Dish. I just knew it was my LNB and I could get back to watching my HD Pack. Instead of an LNB they sent me a replacement IRD. I am wondering why. Mine at home seems to be fine after the updates. Other than a few bugs that I hardly notice. What do you guys think is it the LNB or the IRD? Now I get to call back and have to wait another couple of days for an LNB if that is the problem.

You haven't given us enough information. You say only the HD transponders are out. Which ones specifically? What's your dish/LNBF setup? Any external switches?

Meanwhile, of course, take the new 811 out of the box and hook it up to see if that changes anything.

THe HD transponders start at 17 on 110. If I remember correctly. I have a DP34 switch. Anyway I called in and was told to try the new 811. It solved my problem. Plus it works better on my OTA signal as well. I asked the tech while I had him on the phone and he said that the new 811's have a new design or something. In other words they fixed whatever was screwy with the first ones.

I remember a thread a while back on the replacement ones with the Dish Pro logo on the front. My new one does have it and the old one does not. Just to add more fuel to the fire. I think the new also has better PQ. It could just be me though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)