hello am new here dont know whe o present myself i need help please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bri40

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
mass
hello i have a prime focus dish 6 foot dish with lnb dmx 741 scalaring ring my meter is satlink 6906 am try to align my dish no matter where i turn the dish and the lnb i only get 15 /24 pertcent quality on my meter and signal 72 on 60 signal but only quality 15 /24 percent quality on amc 4 it am not wrong my dish is 6 foot c/ku can you please help me and tell me why i keep getting only 15/24 perent qyality on satlink 6906 i have two lnb dmx no matter either one i try same result hope someone answer me thank you

Hello-welcome to the satelite place!
I assume this is your first c-band dish setup, so you are entering a new world. I have to tell you I am not a user of satellite meters, so I can't help you align a dish that way. Probably I could align the dish quicker than I could learn the meter, lol. I would suggest reading this link first:
Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C
That goes over the main points pretty well. There are several angles to adjust when setting up a big dish, the elevation, azimuth, declination, and of course the skew of the lnb (lnbf). Tuning these days is a lot harder than in the old=cband days when everything was analog and you could see noise and know you were close to a satellite channel. Digital is mostly on or off. Here's what I would do: First, get yourself a magnetic-base angle meter,about 10dollars at Ace or a hardware store. You can place it on the dish mount and it'll stay put while you adjust. Then, I would take a receiver and tv and short cable out to the dish where you watch results of your tuning. Start on your 'true south' satellite-the one thats closet to your longitude. If not dead on , then pick the one thats closest which has c-band transponders. Find out the elevation of that satellite for your location from dishpointer or one of the other dish-aiming sites, then adjust your dish's elevation to that.
Then I would go to that satellite in the receiver menu, set it up to scan, and run the blind scan, see if you get anything.
It's hard to type the entire process out here, but that is a basic start. Send me a PM tomorrow if you like (private message, just click on my name) and I'll try to help more. It's easier to explain on the phone..

thank you turbosat you awesome i found week ago 30 percent quality but the cold is killing me outside i dont have patient to get the job done i know i can do it quality usualy show up around 75 percent signal i was looking at it today like the qality wanna come but not too much beleve could be my meter satlink 6906 as long your meter show up 75 pertcent signal quality will come i need more practice but with the cold hard to get it work somehow i miss 30 percent quality week ago am never gonna be done untill i have some good weather i will pm you tomorrow as you ask evrytime i got it i lost the quality no more than 24 percent i wil keep trying their said ther set up them like the little one thank you

Doing a dish install and align does take patience, haha. Since I have little of that too, the hit/miss system is good way to learn patience. You get better at it with practice, once you see how the angles all come together. Will your dish have a motor, or will it be fixed on one satellite? Also, what kind of receiver do you have?

Welcome to SG!

let me be the first to offer you some of these- ...... ,,,,,,,, !!!!!! ?????

Feel free to use them as needed! :)

(I'm a bit dyslexic and no punctuation fries my brain a bit)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)