Hello and so many questions

ArcLite

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Southwest Missouri
I'm probably breaking a newbie rule or two. I've been a member here since 2007 and not even sure if I have posted. I've had XM since 2003. I actually think I heard about this place through xm411.com.

I just wanted to say Hi and say that I'm so extremely overwhelmed by the amount of information here. We just purchased a 42" flat panel TV last Thursday (upgrade from a 32" tube). And the next day got got a decent deal on a Dish Network package... with HD. I'm pretty sure we have the 722 receiver. We are in widescreen HD Dish Network heaven.

I have a ton of questions but based on the amount of threads and the amount of activity here I know they've all probably been answered so I'll just browse around for days and days.

Excellent forum though,. I can't wait to dig in an learn what I can do with this receiver.

(edit: after seeing my avatar, I remember why I posted here before... nearly two years ago. I have an old C band dish stuck to the back of my house.... Cheers!)

If you sign out, then bring up this post and click on your user name you can be directed to your previous posts. If you really need to know, you had two posts in 2007, one in the chit chat forum and the other under the c-band section.

Connect it to the internet and you can control your DVR (except for watching shows) via dish.sling.com

Does your name ArcLite have anything to do with B52s?

No, it's just a reference to a song by an 80s / 90s Heavy Metal band. (the song may have to do with B52s.... It's an instrumental so I'm not sure)

Connect it to the internet and you can control your DVR (except for watching shows) via dish.sling.com

Very, very cool. I may have to do that. I have to figure out a wiring situation first. Our Modem / Router is in another room of the house. I don't suppose the 720 would be able to use a wireless USB network adapter... I'll do some research on that though.

Very, very cool. I may have to do that. I have to figure out a wiring situation first. Our Modem / Router is in another room of the house. I don't suppose the 720 would be able to use a wireless USB network adapter... I'll do some research on that though.

It CAN be done...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)