Scott's Twitter Thread Including Team Summit Updates

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Since I have heard some people say that they do not twitter and they would rather read on here about the updates than go to the twitter site, I decided to open up this thread so that people can check the updates on here.

Never understood the Twitter craze to begin with. Maybe I am reading it wrong or the guys on the DishNetwork one are doing it wrong but when I first pulled up their page there was only half of the conversation. You couldn't follow it at all, then they try to be hip and cool, but yet it makes them sound like a 10 yr old posting stuff. So that was my first impression of Twitter. Maybe someone will show me a Twitter page that actually makes sense, until then I'm going to stick to the Forums where you can read both sides of a thread all on one page.

Never understood the Twitter craze to begin with. Maybe I am reading it wrong or the guys on the DishNetwork one are doing it wrong but when I first pulled up their page there was only half of the conversation. You couldn't follow it at all, then they try to be hip and cool, but yet it makes them sound like a 10 yr old posting stuff. So that was my first impression of Twitter. Maybe someone will show me a Twitter page that actually makes sense, until then I'm going to stick to the Forums where you can read both sides of a thread all on one page.

Amen to that Digi, I thought I was the only one that thought I was losing my marbles trying to figure it out:D

Mega Dittos! Again, pure evil.

I have been "beta testing" it this year for my classes. I would like to put class recaps on the net via twitter. It is something that I did in the past altering stuff on a web site, but I am looking for quick and easy. I am not sure how many folks will use it, but I thought why not use/embrace the technology. I would not use it to carry on conversations with anyone, it is just basically a list of what we did in class. I added a gadget to my class web site so kids can see things there.

Scott said that it was easier for him to post his info to Twitter. I imagine that he will have lots of info and will need the simplest way of getting that info out there as possible.

The Twitter stuff will be on the homepage. :)

When things are happening its easy to punch it in Twitter, then trying to post it to the site. Later on in the day I will give more detailed posts of what I saw here in the forum.

Just can't bring a laptop around with me to the events and Twitter is the fastest easiest way to spread the news. :)

I have been "beta testing" it this year for my classes. I would like to put class recaps on the net via twitter. It is something that I did in the past altering stuff on a web site, but I am looking for quick and easy. I am not sure how many folks will use it, but I thought why not use/embrace the technology. I would not use it to carry on conversations with anyone, it is just basically a list of what we did in class. I added a gadget to my class web site so kids can see things there.

Hope you're going to make it actually readable.... here... lets look at a few examples:

And closing out the #followfriday recs with @dannylloyd @keifuz @subq @troysims @timeless2 and @mthwsnd01 Have a great weekend all!!

@vbportraits hi there! saw your update and wanted to let you know you can ask us any Qs you may have while you're checkin into us.

Another #followfriday shout out and a welcome to new customer @llightner

That means absolutely nothing to me... I read it as it is... closing out the number followfriday recs? that's not even a word?! What the hell is a FollowFriday Record? is he at dannyhlloyds? no...he's at keifuz's house or maybe he's at subq's page? Hell I don't know. Maybe it's the update he saw in the next comment? Don't ask me what update...they didn't care to say. Sure... I want to ask a Q. Can I ask a P too? or just a T?

@mikelightman @SANDYRIVERSIDE understand ur concerns and sorry for any inconveniences.if i get any updates on this, i'll let you know.

@eclipse0526 Have you had a chance to contact customer sevice for assistance?

I always have some er concerns... or is it ar concerns? Yeah..let me know when you get some updates on that? on what? Contacting customer service?

So as you scroll down the page you sit and there and wonder what these people are talking about. As it stands now... I've got an answer to your twitter question "What are you doing?" Changing my hosts file to include the new IP address of twitter.com. 127.0.0.1.

As it stands now... I've got an answer to your twitter question "What are you doing?" Changing my hosts file to include the new IP address of twitter.com. 127.0.0.1.

:haha Awesome!!!

my response to the TWIT question, NOYFB! :devil:

The idea of these type of sites is good, but the reality is something else.

Hope you're going to make it actually readable.... here... lets look at a few examples:

And closing out the #followfriday recs with @dannylloyd @keifuz @subq @troysims @timeless2 and @mthwsnd01 Have a great weekend all!!

@vbportraits hi there! saw your update and wanted to let you know you can ask us any Qs you may have while you're checkin into us.

That means absolutely nothing to me... I read it as it is... closing out the number followfriday recs? that's not even a word?! What the hell is a FollowFriday Record? is he at dannyhlloyds? no...he's at keifuz's house or maybe he's at subq's page? Hell I don't know. Maybe it's the update he saw in the next comment? Don't ask me what update...they didn't care to say. Sure... I want to ask a Q. Can I ask a P too? or just a T?

@mikelightman @SANDYRIVERSIDE understand ur concerns and sorry for any inconveniences.if i get any updates on this, i'll let you know.

I always have some er concerns... or is it ar concerns? Yeah..let me know when you get some updates on that? on what? Contacting customer service?

So as you scroll down the page you sit and there and wonder what these people are talking about. As it stands now... I've got an answer to your twitter question "What are you doing?" Changing my hosts file to include the new IP address of twitter.com. 127.0.0.1.

No wonder 60% of the people who join, walk away.

So I ask again: whom did you select to attend the Team Summit get together? When, where, etc.

Bob

Still working on it, infact just got off the phone with Dish a few minutes ago. Plus have been going back and forth via emails all morning with other Dish VIP's. :)

Stay Tuned!

A good example of dumbing down technology to the lowest common denominator (NOUN: 1. Mathematics The expression written below the line in a common fraction that indicates the number of parts into which one whole is divided.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)