Scott's Twitter Thread Including Team Summit Updates

Hope you're going to make it actually readable.... here... lets look at a few examples:

And closing out the #followfriday recs with @dannylloyd @keifuz @subq @troysims @timeless2 and @mthwsnd01 Have a great weekend all!!

@vbportraits hi there! saw your update and wanted to let you know you can ask us any Qs you may have while you're checkin into us.

mrweaverphysics (mrweaverphysics) on Twitter this is the way it looks. I don't follow anybody, so I do not do any @replies. The only followers I have seen are twitter bots.

"Any more talk about tweets and twitters and the Sheriff gets it!!!"

bart.png

Twitter tip:

Under settings - notifications, you can set it not to display @replies on you homepage. Thus, you can follow someone, and if you just look at your homepage timeline, you will only see messages not directed to one person in particular. Thus, you don't only see one side of the conversation.

Twitter tip:

Under settings - notifications, you can set it not to display @replies on you homepage.
But, but... I don't use my Twitter homepage for anything, so it's already blank. Why would any settings on our personal Twitter home pages help out? It doesn't affect how DISH Network (dishnetwork) on Twitter displays their stuff. Am I missing something here?

Never understood the Twitter craze to begin with. Maybe I am reading it wrong or the guys on the DishNetwork one are doing it wrong but when I first pulled up their page there was only half of the conversation. You couldn't follow it at all, then they try to be hip and cool, but yet it makes them sound like a 10 yr old posting stuff. So that was my first impression of Twitter. Maybe someone will show me a Twitter page that actually makes sense, until then I'm going to stick to the Forums where you can read both sides of a thread all on one page.

Agreed twitter is nuts.

Some things have passed me by and I don't really need or see a reason to buy them.

I-pod
Mp2 player
twitter
facebook
texting
instant messaging via internet

I do like the computer since they became easier to boot up and run. Not like the 86's version where you needed a floppy disk to boot it up . Didn't buy my first pc till 2001. I will like the computers even better when you can talk to them like Star Trek and have them respond. I get tired of typing . I love satellite tv- had both providers at the same time and started with Prime star in 95, then DISH in 97 , liked sat radio before the merger and increase in fees-cancelled last month after about 6 years, hd tvs - have had 3 so far, blu-ray players -but not the prices of the blu-ray dvd- still too high for my taste, but can't make it without a dvr- have had tivo and every kind of dvr that DISH /echostar has had . Have had a dvr since 99 starting with the dishplayer 7100. Wouldn't watch tv without one. Even have the echostar dtv pal dvr on my bedroom tv for ota. Oh got my first cell phone back in 2002 , can't ever get out of contract due to upgrading to new phones periodically. But all that other stuff I listed above I can live without.

Last edited:
Some things have passed me by and I don't really need or see a reason to buy them.

Mp2 player
You don't watch DVDs ? That is what an "MP2 player" is...

I will like the computers even better when you can talk to them like Star Trek and have them respond. I get tired of typing .

That's been available for years as "Dragon Naturally Speaking" and "IBM Via Voice".

You don't watch DVDs ? That is what an "MP2 player" is...

That's been available for years as "Dragon Naturally Speaking" and "IBM Via Voice".

I watch dvds and blu- ray dvds , but I never had any use for an mp2 player and didn't really know what it did. I am starting to show my age here . Will be 47 in July.

I-pod
Mp2 player
twitter
facebook
texting

Couldn't live without the texting and IM'ing. We'd never get anything accomplished in the company without IM. Texting is great when just need to ask someone one question. No small talk...no hellos..no byes...just straight and to the point...gimme the answer! My keyboard gets a workout on my Touch Pro.

I-pod
Mp2 player
twitter
facebook
texting
I am pretty much in the same boat as you, perhaps because I teach high school and my students are into these things? Whenever they find something they like to do, I am immediately turned off. :D

Couldn't live without the texting and IM'ing. We'd never get anything accomplished in the company without IM. Texting is great when just need to ask someone one question. No small talk...no hellos..no byes...just straight and to the point...gimme the answer! My keyboard gets a workout on my Touch Pro.

Totally agree! The IM system at work is amazing and saves time. And with texting, makes easy conversations.

As for the IPOD, I too thought I'd never want or use one... I got an IPOD touch finally and wonder what I ever did without it.

You guys need to embrace new technology. We are in the 21st Century. Get with it. Quit fighting change.
I have embraced new technology. But I will not embrace the need to tell all of my friends when I go to take a crap. Nor will I sink low enough to the point that my day is not complete unless I know when my friends go and take a crap.