Scott's Twitter Thread Including Team Summit Updates

You guys need to embrace new technology. We are in the 21st Century. Get with it. Quit fighting change.

Not getting behind every stupid concept that comes along is not the same thing as "fighting change."

I love my Blackberry, love Facebook, keep my computers upgraded to...well, not the cutting edge, but 6 months ago's cutting edge anyway. I'm even downloading Windows 7 as we speak.

But Twitter is just lame. And it's been around for ages. Just because some media moguls decided to suddenly start talking about it as if it's the new cool thing does not automatically make it cool or new.

EDIT...actually, I do get the point of it in this case...it's an easy way for Scott to send updates. But there's no reason for ME (or most of you) to have a Twitter account. As soon as I have a need to contact thousands of people at once with time sensitive information, I'll open a twitter account.

Not getting behind every stupid concept that comes along is not the same thing as "fighting change."

I love my Blackberry, love Facebook, keep my computers upgraded to...well, not the cutting edge, but 6 months ago's cutting edge anyway. I'm even downloading Windows 7 as we speak.

But Twitter is just lame. And it's been around for ages. Just because some media moguls decided to suddenly start talking about it as if it's the new cool thing does not automatically make it cool or new.
The only thing that makes twitter cool is the fact that my students don't use it and many have never heard of it. Anything the teens don't do is cool too me. :p

Honestly, I have never even visited twitter, let alone sign up for an account with them.

EDIT...actually, I do get the point of it in this case...it's an easy way for Scott to send updates. But there's no reason for ME (or most of you) to have a Twitter account. As soon as I have a need to contact thousands of people at once with time sensitive information, I'll open a twitter account.

Well stated Sparks, agree completely!

I have to give it to Scott's Twitter page. I can actually read and follow what's going on unlike some other pages I've seen.

Right on!!!

I have a tweet account but I use it to tell all the sky is falling!!!

That is how dumb I think Twitters are.

The Next Media Big story will be about the Deadly Twitter Virus.

If you contract the Twitter Virus you'll develop a consistent and overwhelming desire to ignore anything but the screen of your electronic Device.

Mankind may not survive this next deadly outbreak. ;>)

John

Will there be any changes or new features now that it wil be offical?

Well, currently they (Sling) still haven't fixed it so that I can see my local HD stations in the grid instead on some in Arizona, so I hope the final version is correct.

I thought I was pretty hip for an old Fart over 60.

But this face book thing and twitter??? I don't know. Can't see the value of it.

When it comes to the pods, Heck I have more pods than most people. I have over $12,000 invested in high end tripods for my cameras, including monopods and even a wheel and fender pod for mounting cameras on race cars. But I don't have an ipod. I just can't see the point of carrying a stick of gum with a bipod ear plugs blasting MP3's into my ears when I should be paying attention to what people are saying to me. Most people I see with those ipods all have trouble with their hearing and have a habit of saying huh? when you ask them something.
I do do mp3's now and then but these are mostly "pod casts". But I don't use an ipod to listen to them on as it is too cumbersome. Instead, my hip device, a PDA (Verizon XV6800) does mp3's just fine and I don't need to haul around an extra gadget. Plus it auto loads the podcasts for free, automatically using what is called an agrigator software. In addition, I can surf the internet and watch satellite TV on it AND, get this... It also sends and receives telephone conversations anywhere in the world. Now that is really cool. No typing out text messages and having to wait for someone to respond. I say into the little head set that sticks in my ear(called a "Blue Tooth") "PHONE Scott Greczkowski" and like magic, I'm actually talking to him and can ask him what's going on and since he's such a nice guy he'll tell me and I don't even need to type out anything much less translate plain English into some foreign language called TWEETs for him to understand what I saying. He can hear English on this little phone and speak plain English right back at me, no waiting, no cryption, just easy to understand words right into that blue tooth stuck in my ear.

You know I find the new 21st century technology great for the most part but one thing I can't seem to get is why these brilliant engineers called this little phone thing a tooth when most normal people know that teeth are in your mouth and NOT in your ear. Maybe these brilliant Engineers flunked biology in school? Anyway, I'm sure these guys leave the hard stuff like where your teeth are located to us common folk.

Meanwhile, can someone explain to me why we need to use a foreign language to use twitter? I tried to follow the examples from digiblur but found them difficult to make any sense out of too. Is it a necessary thing to learn if you use an iphone? Well, I don't use an iphone, I suppose what I use is a mephone in twitteze.

iPods are all about escaping in public. The are a horrible idea in a majority of the applications they are used in. That being said, texting is significantly worse.

nothing worse than hearing kids say stuff like

"O-M-G, W-T-F-A-Y-T-A"

and people wonder why kids keep getting dumber and more antisocial........

Anyway, THANKS for all you do Scott!!!!

DirecTV Earnings Call Today, coverage will be available at SatelliteGuys.US!about 4 hours ago from web

DTVPal DVR owners look for a new software release (f207) this week.about 16 hours ago from Tweetie

Its official, Dish has split Noggin and The N into two seperate channels, for official announcement please see TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL 20 hours ago from web

See some of the pictures Scott took today at Dish Networks Uplink Center at Thanks to the Dish Network Uplink Center - SatelliteGuys.US more pictures and video tonight!about 21 hours ago from web
Have you checked out todays uplink report? People in Alaska and Hawaii are going to be VERY happy... HD! Details at SatelliteGuys.USabout 22 hours ago from web

As @dishnetwork mentioned yesterday it will be a great day for hd locals! Keep an eye out for uplink report. Scott is at the uplink today!9:28 AM May 6th from Tweetie

Rumor Alert... Dish Online DVR Scheduling to be OFFICIALLY RELEASED on Friday, May 8th. Beta up now at http://dish.sling.com5:36 AM May 6th from web

Rumor has it that SpeedHD, FxHD, mavtv HD, and Fashion TV HD could be coming this week!1:24 PM May 5th from Tweetie

Special TEAM SUMMIT Meet and Greet, this SATURDAY at 11AM in Denver. Limited space available for details see TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL PM May 4th from web

Team Summit Meet and Greet THIS SATURDAY. Limit 15 members. Sign up now open for Pub Members. See the pub forum for more info.4:34 PM May 4th from twitterrific

Keep and eye on our Twitter Feed this week as SatelliteGuys is headed to Denver for Dish Networks Team Summit event!7:35 AM May 4th from web

DirecTV and Libery Media are combining. For more details please see: TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL AM May 4th from web

Looks like we could see the #DishNetwork 922 released in early June and with a new name... THE 922S More details next week from Team Summit4:40 PM Apr 30th from web

Echostar 5 has starting moving to its new home at 148 degrees. It should arrive in Mid June. Once there Echostar 1 will move to 77 degrees.5:17 PM Apr 29th from web

Did you checkout today's Dish Network uplink report yet? People in HI and AK will have an HD Festivus soon! TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL PM Apr 29th from web

Sirius XM Creates "First 100 Days Radio" for more details please see TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL PM Apr 29th from web

RUMOR ALERT - Is Dish going to partner with Verizon? Let us know your thoughts. TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL PM Apr 29th from web

Dish Network / Echostar Earnings call on May 11th. (Dish at Noon ET and Echostar 1pm ET)12:42 PM Apr 27th from web

@radionet great! Did you get your new smartcard yet? :)6:44 AM Apr 27th from web in reply to radionet

SatelliteGuys Folding@HOME Team Passes the 40,000,000 point mark! Join the team find out more at TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL AM Apr 27th from web

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)