hello i how are you guys i need help with a 6 foot c band dish i will discribe bellow what i need to

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hello fat how are you here a pic from my dish i have been buzy sorry the late their ask me a for a pic here the am going to post hope you can tell me from the pic you guys are very awesome i havent try nothing yet since my last post am try to figured out what cause the problem from my actuator thanks heres the pic 2012-08-15_13-38-23_650.jpg

hello guys i was able to move my motor east to west right now am dealing with two issues am unable to to tight the signal my true south is 72 w amc 6 the other important question like it went all the way to west end of west whend the dish plier whend the actuator move the dish at end of west the part from the actuator touch the axis i know this is not normal i like to know how can i correct this and the signal keep loosing whend i tight the screw i did release the elevation back in fouth it still wont tight losing signal am using the correct mount for the dish the one hold the dish am having trouble cause the end of west the actuator touch the part from the dish in the axis out please help please thank you i use 72 w for my true south it wont let me tight my true south need help with west plier end of the arc thank you

To get further to the west, retract the actuator all the way, then slide the actuator in the mount clamp back until the dish is a far west as needed. BUT the actuator is mounted very close to the axis pivot of the mount. A better place for it would be if it were moved back maybe a foot. (A foot further from the polar axis) Think I'd replace that triangle piece with a length of inch and a half angle iron. Maybe mounted so it mounts the actuator a bit off of directly behind, but to the west side. This will allow more travel to the east.

hi fat thank you i will try to adjust the actuator maybe not today one more question i have my true south is 72 w amc whend i try to tight the signal 98 percent qualitykeep dessapear why i adujust elevation still doing it not sure why thanks let me know thank you

Are the angles measured on your dish as shown in this picture?

Attachments

• polar_mount_pic.jpg
    polar_mount_pic.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 101
hello fat air i was able to move my dish est to west heres my problem whend the dish bind on the right all the way its falling donw i dont have any problem goes to east here what am ask how can i adjust it to correct this problem i have been on it for long time i need help to get it stop on the right it goes well to left no matter what i do what more can i do thank you waiting for you help thanks

Yeah, all dishes, or just about all on a polar mount with an actuator tend to 'fall over' to the side opposite the actuator. One has to determine which side is the best for your situation. If the dish makes it as far west that's desired without 'falling over' you just have to set the limit switch in the actuator so it wont extend to the point of 'falling over'. If it doesn't get as far west as desired with the actuator on the east side, one can only move the actuator to the other side, and take what you get(without falling over) on the east side. (And/ or vice-versa)

Has anyone used a 4-bar link (technically a 6-bar link) to get 180 degree motion from the polar mount? Think of the bucket on a loader or excavator or boom sections on concrete pumps. The pinned joints would need to be precisely bored to prevent slop and excess movement. This would prevent the dish from going over-center too.

I've never seen or heard of anything like that being offered. BUT have brainstormed it in the past. (To get the BUD down to the H on the east side) Biggest hindrance is, as you say, keeping the slop out of it and the necessity for multiple actuators. Not very practical in my view. K.I.S.S. principle favors less chance of troubles down the road. For HtoH, the worm and sector arraignment as used by BV, is elegant in it's simplicity and probably the most dependable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts