Hello/Questions: When are we going to have a DVR that supports at least two HDTVs?"

dpeterson

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Cambridge WI
I am a new member and have subscribed to E* for a little over a year. I am in the process of upgrading SDTVs in my home to HDTVs. I had a question for E* so I sent the following: "I want to upgrade all TVs in my home to HD. I hardly seems worthwhile when your DVRs support only one HDTV and one SDTV. When are we going to have a DVR that supports at least two HDTVs?"

This is E*'s reply: "To have HD picture on multiple HD TVs, multiple HD receivers will be necessary. High quality picture cables generally should not be run more than 20 feet, we recommend keeping them below 12 feet. Generally, when connecting a receiver to a TV in another room, this distance will be greatly exceeded."

Is this the standard, and correct, answer from the satellite service suppliers? Is it true that our access to HD will be restricted by cabling technology? Or do they just want to sell me more receivers?

Hope someone out there can provide clarity to this issue.

It will be some time before there will be dual HDTV receivers from Dish or anyone else. There's more to it than just technology... DRM, etc. As per what dfergie said, longer run component and HDMI cables are available at HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!. The 20 ft limit is bunk. Some have reported running up to 100 ft without amplification. I personally have a 622 and a 722, both for use with one TV

They also have a 612 DVR single HD receiver. Not sure how many you can get, but that would be another option.

If you have been a E* customer for 12 mons., you should be eligible for up-grade using the Dishing it Up promotion. The 612 is available for that promotion. If the account is already leasing either a 622 or 722, you are able to add up to 2/612's. The maximum # of leased tuners= 4. The 612 is not available as a standalone tuner. It must be considered as an additional, if you lease? Contact your dealer or call 800-333-3474 for qualification questions.......

If you have been a E* customer for 12 mons., you should be eligible for up-grade using the Dishing it Up promotion. The 612 is available for that promotion. If the account is already leasing either a 622 or 722, you are able to add up to 2/612's. The maximum # of leased tuners= 4. The 612 is not available as a standalone tuner. It must be considered as an additional, if you lease? Contact your dealer or call 800-333-3474 for qualification questions.......

Just for my edification, you already have to have a 622/722 before you can get a 612?

The latest business rules restrict the 612 as a second leased receiver. If DIU promo is requested, the account must be using a 622 or 722 as the primary. If the account is a Digital Home Advantage promotion, {new account} the first receiver needs to be a 622 or 722. The 612 can be added to the lease as a # 3/4.

The latest business rules restrict the 612 as a second leased receiver. If DIU promo is requested, the account must be using a 622 or 722 as the primary. If the account is a Digital Home Advantage promotion, {new account} the first receiver needs to be a 622 or 722. The 612 can be added to the lease as a # 3/4.
OK. I think you may have meant so, but for clarification, 612 counts as one tuner, so you could have two on top of 622/722 lease-wise.

2 is max # under lease. A question was posed on retailer chat Ref 612 restrictions....answer was that the production of the 612 was limited. Until production is ramped up, depending on demand, the account can not lease a 612 as primary and be paid as primary...............

Get one of these and eliminate the 2 nd receiver fee. I got one just to get rid of the noise in my bedroom from the 722 fan and hard drive running

For only $94.68 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI Tin-Plated Copper CL2 Rated (for In-Wall Installation) Cable (22AWG) - 100ft (Gold Plated Connectors) | High-Quality 22AWG HDMI Male to Male Cables

So far, had good results with 30' HDMI cables of $60-$80 quality, but that doesn't give a second or third ch. of choice. My, my aren't we hungry for that HD picture? I guess that it isn't fair to ask momma and the rug rats to look at that crummy SD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts