Hello to all and first question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coorslight

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
I just wanted to start off by saying hello to all members and ask my first question. I have just purchased a 36" fortec dish with an invacom quad lnb, an a satcontrol HH motor I have received these items and I'm wanting on my coolsat 6000 to arrive hopefully next week. I was wondering what all sats can be received from alabama? Looking forward to a new hobby. :)

Thanks,
Coors

Thanks Iceberg for the quick response, I can not wait to get started setting up my new dish. Thanks for the list of sats, which sat should I try and hit first?

since you got a motor, the best thing to do is hit your true south satellite. This is the satellite at or near the same longitude as you. As an example, I am at 93.3W longitude (Minneapolis, MN) so G26 at 93W is my true south satellite.

Usually when someone is starting in FTA, the best thing to do is get a couple satellite locked in without the motor to get the hang of where the satellites are in the sky. Then add the motor to get all the satellites in the arc. The cool thing is one you get the motor and dish set up and aimed, the rest fall into place :)

Welcome there fellow Alabamian! PM if you're in N ALA, we have a few members to share our experiences now.

turbosat thanks for the welcome, I'm located in southern Alabama.

Welcome coors, I'm over in middle Georgia and would suggest you use AMC3 @ 87.0w for your true south satellite. It's loaded with channels and fairly easy to find. You will want to set the motor to point true south and use it with USALS to drive the dish over to AMC3 and then fine tune the dish. Good Luck!

Al

Thanks to everyone that has given be a warm welcome and all the great advice, I can not wait to see the UPS package at my door so I can start this new hobby.

Thanks,
Coors

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)