Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hallowsend

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Rawdon, Quebec
Hi,

All of a sudden the remote for my GI 350i is interacting with the 905 Sidecar instead of the dish mover/receiver.

Clicking the 350i's remote makes the remote light on the 905 light up instead of the 350i's light.

I'm not sure how it happened. Anyone know how to return its control to the 350i? I'm stuck on one satellite.

Thanks.

If you go into the options, you should find one for changing remote control address, with instructions on how to change it.

Thanks for the input but, unfortunately, that one is working fine. I need help with the 350i remote.

I tried changing the address on the 905 and that still worked but no joy from the 350i.

I don't know that this will help you but I have almost the same problem.

I have a GI 450i with a 905 sidecar. The 450i came without a remote and I purchased one from another member of this forum. When I got it, it wouldn't control any of my GI reciever (I also have 350i, 920 (invalid ID but operationa as a dish moverl), 2730R and 2400. (all GI)

I also have a about 4 GI remotes for the 4DTV including a couple designated for the SideCar. I haven't figured out how to set these remotes differenciate one from another. They all seem to respond to one code and are not reprogramable as the universial remotes.

I ultimately purchase a UR74A X10 learning remote. I programed it for one of the GI codes in the universal remote manual. The problem become even more apparent when you note that there are only seven codes for the GI equipment.

I have already noticed that the 905 responds to the only code that will control the 450i. This hasn't become a problem yet since I don't have it hooked up with the side car yet.

I may be able to overcome these problems by using the UHF on one and the IR on another. The univeral remote has both. Just have to figure out how to get the remote to understand what I want to do.

If I find a solution that might help others, I will surely post it here.

Steve

I just checked the receivers and the 905 doesn't have a UHF feature. The 920 is UHF.

The good (maybe) news is that both the 350i and the 450i have antenna connection for the UHF. However, the 450i is designated "Anywhere Remote". I remember reading about this in the manual and the Anywhere Remote was/is a option available from the dealer. I don't know if the Universals will work with what they have. This is a plug or mini jack on the back of the box, where all the others I have encountered on the GI and Toshiba were F connectors. With the mini jack we could make an antenna for a suitable plug and some wire, but I'm not sure if the universals will be on the correct frequency.

Steve

esteveW,

Could you please give me the list of GI codes? I have a brand new universal remote that I'd like to try out - maybe a 'virgin' remote would not interfere with the 905.

Minor situation update: I changed the remote address on the 905 and the 350i remote no longer 'sees' it. However, it still won't do anything for the 350i.

In the 'for what it's worth' department, this strange behaviour is relatively new. All worked fine for ages then one day I noticed that pressing the Sat button did not bring the expected results. I did not have time to fiddle with it and since the dish was pointed at the satellite my hubby is usually glued to, I let things be. Since then, we've had some trees chopped down and I wanted to see if I could finally pick up some long-gone satellites.

Back to the drawing board!

Problem not solved, but close enough.

Steve (and anyone else who's been reading),

My 'virgin' universal remote has done the trick! It, a gigantic Omnitech Model 15331, had several codes for GI in the manual (182 was the one that worked for me). The (CH-) button gave me access to the satellite changer screen and I entered the satellite codes as usual on the number pad. Woohoo, success!

The 350i remote, for the moment, is sitting without its batteries in the hope that it will forget the new trick it learned if it goes long enough without power. I'll stick new batteries in it when the Omnitech batteries die and see what happens.

Hope this info may be of use to someone.

Annie

Here are the codes, as printed in my list that came with the X10 universal remote.

0648, 0640, 0645, 0564,0565, 0566, 0593. These are just for the SAT function.

If you have program multipal devices, such as TV w/VCR in the same unit:

0627, 0642, 0643, 0644

As you will note, these are all 4 digit codes, while other universal (Star Light Universal SL-7000) I have will "code search and come up with all 3 digit codes. Here is what I get for code for the same GI receivers.

S-030, S-110, S-0148 ( suspect the "S" stands for SAT and is displayed on this univ. remote) Note: these same codes have identical effects on both GI 450i and the 905. I didn't notice any effect on the GI 2730R that is powered up and in the same equipment rack. But I'm having problem with this receiver and it maybe acting up again.

The fact that you were able to change the remote codes in the 905 setup may be a solution for both of us.

Steve

Last edited:
Universal Remotes.

After checking my two universals and reading of yours, it appears each remote has it's own code scheme, as it applies to various equipment.

Something to keep in mind for the same question, in the future. (That is why I changed the Title line- for future searches.)

Steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts