Help ...722K not turning on

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I just got home and turned my tv/receiver on, but the receiver did not turn on. I tried a hard reboot to no avail, and manually turning it on. The front green light is on, but nothing else ... suggestions???

This is the usual case of a power failure on the receiver. You have already unplugged it and plugged it back in. If its in a power strip of any kind, you can try bypassing that and going straight to the wall outlet. You can also try disconnecting cables (making sure you know where to reattach them) and see if the receiver fires up and all lights show on the box. Let me know how that goes and we can see if there is anything else we can try.

cjwct said:
I just got home and turned my tv/receiver on, but the receiver did not turn on. I tried a hard reboot to no avail, and manually turning it on. The front green light is on, but nothing else ... suggestions???

Your reciever hosed bro. Time for a new one. Such a bummer.

Thanks ... okay contacting Dish now for replacement ....ugggh 3-5 business days ... there goes first round of tourney on new 58" plasma ... sob!!!! Oh great $25 for delivery on Friday ... oh what the hell I'll just pay it

Thanks for heads up, but I do not have am EHD ... but I guess I should now get an EHD as I just lost many recordings
if it were me ;) I'd pull out my long sata cable and power cord extention, and I'd try plugging my old drive into the new unit's board.. if the system comes up with the old drive.. I'd immediately hook up an external drive, back up everything ... then I'd put the cables back as they needed to be, and ship the bad unit back. Note, I would *not* pull the drive as that would nix that warranty sticker and someone at dish would probably want to kill me.

OH, and if it did come up.. I'd also backup my timers into my remote control.. ;) (if you weren't aware, theres info in the manual about backing up the recording timers, into the 20.0 remote control - pg 82 ... also repeated here http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ns/200148-timers-backup-722k.html#post2129474)

Thanks for heads up, but I do not have am EHD ... but I guess I should now get an EHD as I just lost many recordings

My 722 started overheating a couple of months ago. I bet it was dog fur clogging it up. We have a Newfoundland/St Bernard mix. It would take about an hour to hour and a half to lock up from the heat. I was able to move everything off the internal HD to an EHD and write down all my times.

dwarren2 said:
My 722 started overheating a couple of months ago. I bet it was dog fur clogging it up. We have a Newfoundland/St Bernard mix. It would take about an hour to hour and a half to lock up from the heat. I was able to move everything off the internal HD to an EHD and write down all my times.

My receiver sits in an open shelf and we only have a cat. God bless the VIP622 ... that is my second receiver and its going on 5 years ...722k not even 2 years old

This is the 3rd 722k that I've read going tits up in the past 2 wks. As soon as I get a new power supply up & running for my EHD I'm going to have to do some archiving. I wonder if they go a bunch w/ cheap bearings that are wearing out much too fast. :confused:

whatchel1 said:
This is the 3rd 722k that I've read going tits up in the past 2 wks. As soon as I get a new power supply up & running for my EHD I'm going to have to do some archiving. I wonder if they go a bunch w/ cheap bearings that are wearing out much too fast. :confused:

Don't make them like they used too ...622 looks like old reliable :)

Refurbished and replaced 722K now up and running .... $30 for overnight shipping to see tournament on my 58" tv is priceless ... setup took 15 minutes and all is ok ... thanks again for everyone's help :)

And that's why it's nice to have the Service Plan, boys. You'll never know when your brand new DVR would just cough up and die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts