Help about philippine FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thank you sir... FTA is kinda expensive here in my country too bad..it looks like i need to save money to set this one.... i tried to search cheap receivers but i have no luck to find one,.if you have some extra unit that you are not using anymore please sell it to me with a cheaper price,:)

Last edited:
I cannot suggest any unknown receiver.
That's just throwing away money.
The one I mentioned above is well supported, and I think you are going to need help getting any FTA receiver & dish working.
If you have equipment we are familiar with, more people will feel confident to help you.
If you buy some $20 special, it may have limitations we won't know.
Also, no one here will be able to explain its operation.
?I would hope this can be the forum to help you the most, and with the most friendly people. :) :up
?.

View attachment 91165

here is the sample of the dish(thats not me in the picture)

Good day sir, Kumusta.

Your dish will be too small, it appears to be about 18 inches. You will need a larger dish 30 to 36 inches, as well as a new receiver.
I don't know what is available in the Philippine on FTA, but I would be interested to know what is available. I have family there and may retire there someday - I'd like to be able to set the family up for FTA.

Also, the over the air TV system in the Philippines is set to go from analog to digital in the next few years, but there is very little info on the transition. I'd like to find a supplier of converter boxes and antennas (they will be using the Japanese digital standard and UHF channels) so I can set up a business to convert people to digital TV when the change occurs.

Any info you find in your quest for FTA would be helpful to me.

thank you sir for all the information that you are giving to me it teaches me a lot regarding the satellite tv.

the only problem im a facing right now is this FTA cost. the dish and lnb cost 100dollars and im looking for cheap yet good fta receiver but yet no luck in finding one..

this hobby is pretty expensive.:D

Yes, it's somewhat expensive, but you must consider that you are building an entirely new kind of satellite system. The price looks shocking mostly because you pay for everything once! Consider the fact that if you buy a Cignal equipment kit and pay for the least expensive packages, within a year you would probably spend about the same amount of money.

The Philippines uses the same NTSC M TV format as North America. Any FTA receiver manufactured for North America will work with your television.

Don't think you will save any money by buying an old used receiver from the US because shipping to the Philippines will cost almost as much as buying a new one on Ebay. Example on ebay.ph is an Openbox F3 that costs $2,814.47 ($65 US) plus shipping of 1,182.89 ($27 US). That price would be hard to beat!

Hi and kamusta kabayan,

I have some extra FTA box here for you to start with this hobby and I am willing to send it to you tru AP cargo and you be the one to pay for the cost of the shipping. don't worry its very cheap. Plus I will help you set up your dish to receive some FTA channels. your cignal box can not be use for fta scanning because it is locked to the provider transponders.

Actually, to me it seems there are not too many Ku-band (little dish) channels in the Philippines for FTA, except perhaps a few in Chinese and Korean. To get some of the English channels out of Australia, etc., you will probably need a very large dish to get C-band.

Apparently, yes, English channels from Australia, such as 9HD and 9Go! (both one of Nine Network's channels), as well as Wizzie TV's channels (they're free-to-air anyways) would require a satellite dish that are at least 8 feet or otherwise, any Ku/Ka-band dishes would not work at all.

i really dont know sir. i just asked a guy over there when i came there if he knows where to buy a satellite dish with cband lnb he told me that there is a shop there that sells dish and lnb separately i asked him whats the cost range he told me it ranges around 100 dollar (4500 pesos in my currency) for the lnb and dish. i dont have enough money so i did not bother to go to the shop that he is telling me. I forgot also if it is second hand or a brand new unit.

https://dreamdth.com/Thread-DDF-Exc...C-band-dish-antenna-in-less-than-Rs600-Part-1

Many sites online to build your own c band dish, this is the first one I found!

If you research the history of c band you will find that is how FTA began, home made dishs!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)