help adding 119 to 110 same dish

lucifuge

Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Hi.
i need help
i live in mexico, i have a 6 feet dish pointing to 110 and i want to get 119 with the same dish, can be this posible or i need a special dish?

i tried to get 119 using my hand i put it next to 110 to the east but nothing

these are my settings

latitude 22.156
longitude -100.986

:confused:

I don't think you are going to get it with your dish unless it is elliptical. Also, with a 6' dish, the distance from the dish to the LNB is great and that means a signal for another satellite isn't going to be right next to the current LNB. It would be 9 degrees away. To figure out the correct placement, measure the distance from the reflector to the LNB. Then, take a protractor and draw a line on a paper that long and a second line 9 degrees from that line and draw it out the same length. This will tell you the proper distance between the two LNBs. It is rudimentary but it would put you in the general area. You may have to rig up a spacer to separate the two LNBs. Of course, this is all probably useless if you don't have the correct dish.

Thank You For Your Help

Ok It Is Possible :d

It Is A Ellipyical Dish

I Found 119, I Took A Small Tv To The Roof And Got It, But Now The Problem Is How Can I Lock It ? It Is Very Far From 110 Lnb

I Cant Find Brackets My Dish Is Very Big Ha Ha Ha!

Sounds like you need to spend a good hour at the hardware store. How about this: Get a piece of flat metal with a 90 degree bend in it. Drill a hole on both sides of the elbow. Mount the LNB to the metal using a small threaded bolt. In the other hole, put a long piece of threaded rod through it and use a could nuts to cinch it tight to the metal. Then install a turnbuckle. Make a similar set up to attach to the 110 LNB and connect that threaded rod to the turnbuckle. Then just tighten the turnbuckle until 119 falls in to place. That will hold it there until you can form a more permanent mount. If this is too flimsy, you'll have to use a larger diameter of threaded rod. I've never done this, but its the only thing I can conjure up on the fly.

How long of a spread is there between the two LNBs?

There is a spread between the two lnbs of 9 inches and a little higher than 110 lnb about 2 inches.

I am using an eagle aspen lnb on 110, but 119 lnb is heavier than eagle aspen, it is an old lnb used for the sony sat b2 with diferent shape i like this last because is very powerful more than eagle aspen.

I dont understand very well your idea vegassatellite maybe a drawing can help, but i dont know if i can use it on these kind of lnbs.

But i going to the hardware store maybe i can find something.

I was thinking of a piece of flat metal a threaded bolt with my eagle aspen and bend it until hit the bird but my lnb is very heavy a simple threaded bolt cant lock it.

or i would have to buy another eagle aspen ?

Maybe you need to hold it in its proper position and have someone else snap a bunch of pictures from all angles. Then, take the pictures and LNBs to a machine shop. They can make something for you.

The Problem is solved, i found some pieces of metal in the hardware store, i built my own bracket is working right now, but is very weak, i have to fix it.

Isnt it illegal in mexico to have dish? lol

in Juarez mexico the federales took down the dishes from people who had them.

You may be safe since yours arent dish 500 and no logos are on them i assume.

i not looking for illegal channels i was looking for fta channels but i foud all scrambled then i returned to hispasat.

i just lost my time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts