HELP! After FW downgrading from 9.5209 to 9.4717 AZBOX frozen with message "Loading..."

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vpaniyan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
US
Hi All.
I had a problem with AZBOZ Premium HD streaming over HTTP.
On a couple of forums, I found following recomendation:
To stream, I need to install WEB Interface.
But not all firmware versions support the WEB Interface.
So they recommend following downgrade F/W and install WEB Interface:
1. Clean DOM, which includes clean following directories: disk2, download, mmp, plugins.
2. Format application
3. Install F/W 9.4717
4. Install WEB Interface

After step 3 (Susccefful F/W load), AZBOX restarted and at some point AZBOX logo
blinks for a second.
After that it sits with a message "Loading...".
I restarted AZBOX with the power swtich couple of times - the problem still persists.

Please HELP.

Thanks

mr3p,

Before proceed with your advise, does it make sence to upgrade firmware to 9.5209 (last working F/W)?

You should always try to load a factory firmware via USB stick first. Try any revision that you like. If that fails, you will probably have to do the recovery as posted.

I got same advise from a russian AZBOX fun.
Also, I used his firmware file 9.4717.
I'm not sure which one fixed the problem, but AZBOZ is working now.
I read that downloading firmware with MAZ is not a good idea - may be it caused problem.

I read your article and found it very interesting - in future can be helpful.
Thank you for your help.

With the new firmware 0.9.4717 new problem started, in 30 - 60 minutes AZBOX is frozen.
I noticed that the new firmware is 0.9.4717 AZBox Elite HD.
But my AZBOX is Premium HD.
Where from I can download 0.9.4717 for AZBOX Premium HD?

The FW are good for all Azboxes. You have a premium or premium+ model? I am guessing this 4717 might predate premium+ and is not tested on that model therefore not working for you.

I have premium.
Looks like you are right 4717 never tested on premium.

I have problem with TVIP stream.
They recommened to install WEB Interface and mentioned that 4717 is stable with WEB Interface.
This is the reason why I downgraded.

Can you recommend firmware for premium that support WEBs Interface.

With the new firmware 0.9.4717 new problem started, in 30 - 60 minutes AZBOX is frozen.
I noticed that the new firmware is 0.9.4717 AZBox Elite HD.
But my AZBOX is Premium HD.
Where from I can download 0.9.4717 for AZBOX Premium HD?

Vpaniyan,

There is no differentiation in the firmware for the Elite, the Premium or the Premium Plus. The firmware is written to fit all models in the AZBox world. So you won't need to be searching for anything unique. You got the AZBox out of the LOADING loop, and now you have a new problem with it locking up (freezing) during operation. I think that there is an underlying problem beyond the firmware. Judging from your description, it sounds like a temperature related problem. If you have it well ventilated already and it is still doing this, I think that there is an underlying problem with the hardware. I would personally return it for warranty repair. If you have hardware accellerator turned ON, switch it OFF and try again before you send it back. I don't believe that you are doing anything incorrect, I have a gut feeling that it is a a defect within the box's hardware.

So, with the hardware accelerator turned OFF and with the unit well positioned to ventilate it... If the problem continues, I would not waste my time seeking new avenues to repair it yourself. It honestly should not operate this way.

RADAR

Hi All.
1. Clean DOM, which includes clean following directories: disk2, download, mmp, plugins.
2. Format application
3. Install F/W 9.4717
4. Install WEB Interface

After step 3 (Susccefful F/W load), AZBOX restarted and at some point AZBOX logo
blinks for a second.
I restarted AZBOX with the power swtich couple of times - the problem still persists.

Please HELP.

Thanks

How do you clean the DOM?
What do you use & How to do it?

Clean DOM is cleaning/empting following directories: DISK2, Download, MMP, and Plugins. (Do NOT delete DISK1)
Before to empty MMP, you need to run following command in telnet "mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /MMP" (do not include double quotes).
I used DCC.exe (Dreambox Control Center) to empty the directories and for telnet.
DCC deletes contents of a directory, but keeps the directory. Try it first on a test directory - just a recommendation.
Before to update firmware, run "Format Application".
After firmware upgrade be patient - wait until completed.
New firmware - make sure it is a good one - in my case, copy I downloaded with MAZ failed to load.

Here a link to another instruction for Firmware upgrade and DOM clean - How To AzBox HD in the middle of the page.

A solution to ur azbox problem

Hi All.
2. Format application
3. Install F/W 9.4717
4. Install WEB Interface

blinks for a second.

Please HELP.

Thanks

I had the same problem and i managed to fix it my own. use the following steps.

1- download any firmware you would like to load to ur receiver other than the current one.
2- Rename the file to read as "patch.bin" without quotes
3- copy this firmware in a root directory of a ulas usb.
4- Put the flash memeory in the receiver usb port
5- switch off and on ur receiver while the flash memory is in the usb port
6-the rceiver will detect the usb and give an option to format the program and application area. do it.
7- once done. go to the usb option. it will tell that the current version is x, and the new version that u have is Y and ask you if you want to upgrade. do the upgrade.

8- after the upgrad is done, the receiver will restart and loan in the same menu u got a while ago., eject the usb and restart the receiver.
9- Finish. ur receiver will work now. :)
10 - if u have any problems u can PM me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)