AzBox Older FW Update files removed

stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
It appears that some housecleaning has been going on, No longer are the KGD updates available, the Official Firmware updates have been removed.
Only the Daily Updates are available for download.

Azbox Snapshots
Official AzBox Firmware Update Sites :

OpenSat : Mirror site : AZBox Snapshots

Russian : Direct Download site: Index of /fw/

Canadian : North American Direct Download site: AZBox Snapshots

Germany, Belgium, Netherlands : Direct Download site : Azbox Snapshot

MaZ Manager Editor Program : Use Press update lists to view available updates.

Which versions are you looking for specifically? We can add an old version or two on the Canadian mirror site
With each firmware snapshot over 50MB in size, mirror hosts tend to delete the oldest versions over time once too much space is being used up.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I personally was not looking for one just a bit surprised they removed the KGD updates which many people have been using for various reasons.
I noticed this two days ago and figured maybe OpenSat was about to release a new update soon.
Funny thing is they removed all their "Official" Firmware Versions.

Which versions are you looking for specifically? We can add an old version or two on the Canadian mirror site
With each firmware snapshot over 50MB in size, mirror hosts tend to delete the oldest versions over time once too much space is being used up.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

PwrSurge,
Is it possible for you to upload the KGD-4295 firmware for the Azbox to your site.
This was one of those taken down on all the sites and some people have been asking for this particular firmware
due to the fact some claim they can record some feeds using this firmware that the other firmware's can not record properly.
It would be a great asset to have this one KGD firmware listed for people to download if they wanted it.

Thanks!

OK so is this KGD4295 version different from the azbox-0.9.4295 that was released? I've never even heard of a "KGD" firmware version before now but I did run that azbox-0.9.4295 version for quite a while as it seemed to work well at the time?

KGD Team worked with Opensat to produce about 3 different firmware versions that were slightly different then the daily firmware versions.
Some claim that the KGD firmware made the Azbox more responsive, quicker, and the recording issues on some receivers were much better.
(Some claim they were able to record many of the high bitrate feeds with the KGD firmware where the other firmware updates were lacking).

Funny, I've owned an azbox for 2 years and did not know about the KGD firmware. Would be kinda nice to experiment with them.

Funny, I've owned an azbox for 2 years and did not know about the KGD firmware. Would be kinda nice to experiment with them.

These were listed on several of the Azbox Snapshot download pages for quite awhile but were removed along with many other older firmware updates a short time ago.
You were also able to download them if you used the Maz Manager program.
But since the firmware cleanup they have disappeared.

The 3 firmware's I know about from the KGD Team were these:

KGD-0.9.4295-patch.bin

KGD-0.9.4348-patch.bin

KGD-0.9.4890-patch.bin

There are several people who have been asking to try out the first one on the list as that is the one they claim is able to record the high bite-rate channels.

One can do a google search on KGD Firmware and you will see several items relating to their authenticity.

Hi did you ever find this KGD-0.9.4295-patch.bin firmware I located it after a lot of searching also a newer version out but since this is the one people want let me know if you want to try it out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts