Help--Any one with philly locals and H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

I just had my H-20 intall saturday and so far it works great..but I wanted to know if anyone out here, has the H20 with Philadelpia locals, and if so, are you seeing audio sync problems with some of them? I see it allot with channel 10.

RB

Yes, I see the same issues...

I notice the same issue with NBC (10) all the time. So bad that I continue to watch NBC on channel 82 (NY HD). But these days I'm not watching much of anything...

I've really had nothing but problems since I had the 5LNB installed. I'm without signal again since Friday because of the dish getting blown out of position. This is the third time since November that this has happened.

I spoke to someone Friday night who said they would have someone out on Saturday to fix it...Saturday came and went and no one showed up.

I called again Saturday and spoke with a manager who said, he couldn't get someone out until this wednesday. When I threatened to cancel D* all together he was more than willing to transfer me to someone who could take care of that for me...Quite a manager aye?

Anyone else out there have this much trouble with the new dish and it constantly getting blown out of position?

I know it was windy this weekend in the Lehigh Valley, but didnt notice any signal loss. The intsaller that did mine seemed to mount everything tight. I helped him so some of the work because i wanted to watch and learn.

gwinchilla said:
I notice the same issue with NBC (10) all the time. So bad that I continue to watch NBC on channel 82 (NY HD). But these days I'm not watching much of anything...

how are you getting mpeg4 + national feeds? I thought that was a no no. I know lots of people that would love both.

how about it..i would love to get FOX as national feed..i have it for SD and asked them for it as HD, and they said...NO WAY...

I have noticed some audio sync issues here as well. And I am a certified installer and did my own (lol) its the feeds here in the LV. As for you dish losing signal in the wind, it needs to be tightened. I was on a service call that an Ironwood installer did, needless to say the dish was mounted completely wrong. It was tight upagainst the cx's house and would not receive any other signal than the 101 and somewhat on the 103 everything else failed. I couldnt help him though as the contract with Ironwood and the company I deal with doesnt allow me to complete the service call if it deals with the KA/KU dish. So another Ironwood installer will be going out again.

Not sure...

newsposter said:
how are you getting mpeg4 + national feeds? I thought that was a no no. I know lots of people that would love both.

I'm not really sure...I had the NY Locals in HD for some time. When I upgraded to MPEG4, they remained...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)