HELP! BEV Install question

hockeyck

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 8, 2005
Hey Everyone, I am having a hard time getting my BEV back up.

Right now I am gettin 91 at 85% but nothing on 82? Could it be the switch or the LNB? I need my HDTV!!

I am in So Cal and was getting everything fine before. I had to replace my reciever and dish as the whole thing went out. Now it is up but no 82.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

have you tried to run a line from the 82 LNB to the receiver? (if you have 2 duals and a switch) to verify you have a signal from 82?

Did you do a check switch?

Iceberg said:
have you tried to run a line from the 82 LNB to the receiver? (if you have 2 duals and a switch) to verify you have a signal from 82?
Did you do a check switch?

Yes I did the check switch and it says that only one satellite is working. I will check on the other way too, but I had a pro install it and I think he tried that as well (going direct from the 82).

hockeyck said:
Yes I did the check switch and it says that only one satellite is working. I will check on the other way too, but I had a pro install it and I think he tried that as well (going direct from the 82).

I would come by and help you myself, but this is the busiest time of the year for me.
Questions for you, perhaps we can resolve your dilemma here.

1. Do you have the 30" dish and LNB already?

2. Did you already installed the mast for the 30" ?

3. Have you tried using a small TV along with the receiver to zero in on the Nimiq2 signal?

pro96 said:
I would come by and help you myself, but this is the busiest time of the year for me.
Questions for you, perhaps we can resolve your dilemma here.
1. Do you have the 30" dish and LNB already?
2. Did you already installed the mast for the 30" ?
3. Have you tried using a small TV along with the receiver to zero in on the Nimiq2 signal?

No I have don't have a 30inch dish, right now it is a dish 500. I was getting both 82 and 91 before and the dish is in the same spot. It may be the switcher or LNB. I have ordered both so I hope one of them is the problem. I am missing all the HD hockey and it is killing me!

Thanks

Brian

hockeyck said:
No I have don't have a 30inch dish, right now it is a dish 500. I was getting both 82 and 91 before and the dish is in the same spot. It may be the switcher or LNB. I have ordered both so I hope one of them is the problem. I am missing all the HD hockey and it is killing me!
Thanks
Brian

OK..

Just a word of advice, I have better and stronger reception using a 30" dish for Nimiq2 then the convertional 50cm one. That comes in handy when it rains here in Ventura County.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)