Help choosing a BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remington

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Gatineau, Qc.
I am looking for used BUDs around here. Try to find one for free!
Til now I found one at 50$ (just the dish/ 10') or
250$ 10' + General instrument 550i or
200$ 10'+ Uniden SQ 530

all depends of the condition but all equal what would be the best choice?
My guess is the cheap one alone and get a better receiver (922) but..

Any advice?

thanks

Take your time and you WILL get a free one! (Or next to free)

I paid $30 for my 6' dish and a DVB receiver! Since then have been offered MANY!

I have my eye now on a solid BUD!

Remington said:
Til now I found one at 50$ (just the dish/ 10') or
250$ 10' + General instrument 550i or
200$ 10'+ Uniden SQ 530
thanks

Look for a free one, if you don't find one, take the $50.00 one if it seems to be in good shape, tight mesh no warp, pop it up grab a c/ku feed with lnb's if it does not have that already, get a 922 slave a Pansat or other... and you will be a happy person :)

haha.. I plan to be happy yes!

Ok, thank you. I''ll be patient then and wait to find a free one.
The 922 is taking a big part of the budget too! But it seems to worth it.

I've found some of the best places to find free or cheap dishes and receivers are auctions and garage sales. Also, get to know your local dish installer. They know who's getting the small dishes installed and where the old, un-needed BUDs and receivers are located at. Have fun.

Finding BUD

Try going around your neighbor hood,(especially in the country).There is alot of people that will give you their old BUD for just taking it off their property.Stay in the 10footer range with a low tempt lnfb.(find the lnfb better than the lnb with the servio motor for they burn out alot.)After you get your first one set up,keep your eyes open around the courtryside for dishes the same as yours.try to pick up a few more for parts for new motor drive's do go and very exspensive to purchase new.HAPPY HUNTING!

You can also try your local freecycle. www.freecycle.org

Or look on Yahoo Groups to find a freecycle group near you ( my local one isn't even on the freecycle site) Too small of a town I suppose.

You can post a Wanted: Big Sat Dish ad

A lot of people just have them sitting around unused and don't even think about it anymore until they hear of someone who wants it.
And best of all: It's Free :)

Just makes me sad to see a big dish in the scrapyard :(

Looking around the area works dandy. I've found three 10-footers that way. One of them had damaged screen panels, so I gave it to a friend of mine to 'scrap.' The other two were perfect, and FREEEEEEEE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)