Help choosing an OTA Antennea

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
I live in Massachusetts. According to antennaweb the stations I want to receive are located at 147, 148 and 149 degrees with the farthest 25.9 miles. The all broadcast on uhf. The color code is blue and red. We have three HD TV's and 2 SD. Not sure if I will hook up both of the sd ssets but I should be set up to do so. The antennae will go on the roof of a two story house. One HD set is on the first floor one sd set would be on the first floor, the remainder on the second floor.
I have looked around the web and trying to figure out what I should purchase for an antenna as well as what I would need for pre amplification or distribution amplification or both is confusing as hell to me.
Any suggestions?

Ross

I assume you want the Boston stations?

If so, at that distance you wouldnt need a pre-amp. I'm in the same boat in Minneapolis. Most of my stations are on UHF so a distribution amp would help.

As for an antenna, I cant help you with that. I have an old Radio Shack VU160 that I use

Aspen Eagle DTV2BUHF 2 Bay bowtie is cheap and should work. A15-25 dB distribution amp should help if you decide to go to 5 TV sets. Multipath is going to be your greatest risk it is reflected signals coming into your antenna milliseconds off the main signal.

I assume you want the Boston stations?

If so, at that distance you wouldnt need a pre-amp. I'm in the same boat in Minneapolis. Most of my stations are on UHF so a distribution amp would help.

As for an antenna, I cant help you with that. I have an old Radio Shack VU160 that I use
Yes Boston Stations

Thnaks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)