HELP! - Connecting Multiple Receivers??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chee2828

Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
I'm sure this is a simple question, so here it goes...

I'd like to connect multiple receivers in my home (possibly 4 rooms), but I have a single LNB DirecTV dish. What's the simplest method in accomplishing this? ... Do I need a multiswitch? Do I need a dual LNB? HELP!

Chee

I'm assuming you are talking about DirectTV...

you would need a dual LNB and a 3X4 switch
run both lines from the dual LNB to the switch and hook up to 4 receivers to it

Yes, DirecTV. So I can't utilize a multiswitch having a single LNB? I would need to have a dual LNB?

Thanks Iceberg! OK... So, I'll need to install a Dual LNB to replace my Single LNB. The two physical connections coming from the dual LNB will connect to a multiswitch, which would connect to "x" amount of receivers (depending on the number of outputs). Would I be correct in assuming that the multiswitch would mount outside my house? Hope that wasn't a dumb question. :confused:

Thanks again!
Chee

the 2 lines from the switch go into the LNB A and LNB B of the switch

The outputs would go to the receivers

You can mount it outdoors....I would prefer indoors (only 2 lines to run in the side of the house vs. 4)...Depends on how much room you have to run the lines

Thanks Iceberg!

So do you recommend purchasing the equipment I need on ebay?

Chee

Multi switch+dual lnb,you should just go get a triple lnb dish for 90.00 from Best Buy or Circuit City has built in switch for up to 4 recievers and your are also ready for HD if you go there

Multiple Receiver Question

I have a triple LNB dish already with 3 lines of the four running into my house(in hindsight I should have had them connect all 4!). My question is this. 2 of the lines are being run directly into my directv tivo dvr(dual tuner) and 1 line is currently being used by a second standard directv receiver. I am attempting to add 1 reciever(with the capability for 2 potentially) without having to run addtional lines from my dish. My question is can I buy some type of multi-switch to use in my basement to split the individual cable so I can use it on additional receivers or do I need to undergo the time and expense of running an additional line from my dish. Also, if I want to add an additional tivo would I need to run the fourth line from the LNB to have 2 Tivos and 1 standard receiver total in my home. Many thanks in advance to any who can advise me on my cable-splitting needs!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts