Help! - Direct OTA breaking up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

henderson_tony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Hello everyone!

I have direct tv w/ DVR but cannot receive local channels in my market. I have a Antennas Direct DB2 Multi Directional HDTV hooked up which works flawlessly when plugged directly into my TV, however when accessed through direct tv, the local channels break up 50% of the time which makes for an unreliable recording.

Has anyone else had this problem or know the solution? I contacted CS and was told the software can't keep up with the current technology which I assumed was a load anyway.

I've searched A LOT for this issue, but do not see a post. I apologize if this is redundant, and if so, a link to previous post would be great.

I'm contemplating the DB4, but don't think its necessary since the signal works fine into the tv, and the issue seems to be isolated to direct.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

TONY

Anyone have any suggestions for a good amp?

Does anyone else have this problem, or am I the only one? I can't seem to find anyone else having this issue.

Thanks!

The multi-directional antenna can be the problem. It allows signals from the sides which cause multipath. Some tuners can reject this secondary signal better than others.

If possible I'd get a more directional antenna. Of course, this depends on the direction(s) you receive your locals.

Are all of your locals in the UHF frequency band?

I'd try the DB4 first, as an amplifier will also amplify the side signals.

Also note that once the transition is done (???) many stations will change their broadcasting frequency.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts