Help-Dish Tech Support Giving Run Around

thestob

Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
My hard drive on my 942 has crashed. I have been through the reboot sequence with technical support. That did not help. I was told that I would have to be called back by a different department that handled problems like I was having. Two days later, I received still no call.

I called back, went through the reboot sequence with another tech. Still no working. Said that the hard drive had crashed and needed to be replaced and that I had to be transferred to another department. Transfered to an answering machine, that said department was closed and that to leave name and number and would be called back. 3 days later no call back.

Called back tonight, got another tech ...went through the reboot process ..determined hard drive had crashed. I was told that that the receiver would be replaced and I would receive credit for the week I missed and the week for the receiver to arrive. Put on hold, and the call was disconnected.

Called back again. Told that the previous tech had no authority to offer replacement receiver. And, that I needed to talk to another department. This was after quite an arguement, where I repeatedly stated that it had been determined 3 times that the hard drive had crashed and needed to be replaced. Asked to speak to a supervisor, and was disconnected.

I have all the dish home proctection, etc. ..which I thought was supposed to cover these problems ....

I really don't know what to do. I paid a good bit of money to "lease" their receiver and now I'm getting the run around when it breaks down on me...

if anyone has any idea what to do please let me know! thanks in advance ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts