Help : Echostar SR8700 power supply

Harmlok

Original poster
May 5, 2020
Nijmegen , the Netherlands
My old Echostar SR8700 power supply is not working anymore.
Is there anyone who knows some common problems / defects with this board ? I have take many hours to search on the net for a good schematic diagram of the power supply . To help i have enclosed photo's of the power board en the SR8700 receiver / positioner . Hope someone has some documentation .

IMG_7822.JPG
IMG_7823 (1).JPG

The two most common problems for power supplies like that are cracked solder joints and failing capacitors. 30+ years is a lot to ask for a cap on a power supply like that.

I am shocked that it still works at all with programming! What is this? A FTA receiver? IF so, that's the forum it should be in.

Sorry i am new at this forum . I could not decide the right forum to place my topic , maybe the moderator can point me to the right one. The Echostar SR8700 is a low threshold receiver with a build in positioner . It is an 24 years old receiver , equipped with d2mac and videocript encoder . I bought it in 1994 with a 1.2m offset dish.
Maybe there is a special forum here for enthusiastic technicians ?

That is an early subscription receiver strictly for the European market. Note that OP mentioned two decoding systems not native to North America. It's not DISH (American DBS service), but Echostar (a distribution company and hardware manufacturer) that in this case sold equipment for the rest of the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts