Help for FTA Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Guri

Original poster
May 30, 2006
I am a new guy on the horizon of FTA. I am interested in buying the FTA pacakage.
I have browsed at Gosatellite.net for many packages. At the moment, I am interested in stationary package. How about the Viewsat 2000 extreme or CW 600s
Premium with satellite Finder??

Guri

How about a Fortec system from Sadoun?

What channels and satellites are you going for?

Viewsat Exteme....bleh

Guri said:
I am a new guy on the horizon of FTA. I am interested in buying the FTA pacakage.
I have browsed at Gosatellite.net for many packages. At the moment, I am interested in stationary package. How about the Viewsat 2000 extreme or CW 600s
Premium with satellite Finder??

Guri

I have posted this before...I bought an Extreme BEFORE discovering this forum...WISH I HAD FOUND THE FORUM 1ST! It works but is very quirky! As PSB said...there are better and the sponsers here are really supportive too!

Luckily, My FTA set was attached to a functioning BUD so I did not need too much help...(when I did, Pete and Iceberg were there to help!:D

Listen to the fine folks here...read reviews... and make an intelligent decision....SUPPORT MUST ALSO BE CONSIDERED!!! You are getting advice from the best in the Business here!:)

BUT DON'T TELL THEM I SAID THAT....:D :D :D

Good Luck (waiting to unload my Extreme on Ebay when HD comes out in force!)
Jeff

What do you want for the Extreme? I've had pretty decient luck with them if you learn how to work around the quirks.

Thanks but

SatAdam said:
What do you want for the Extreme? I've had pretty decient luck with them if you learn how to work around the quirks.

Until Coolsat or another manufacturer comes with a HD FTA set that is affordable with the NEW HDMI connectors...(the ones that are not out yet) I am going to sit tight!

When something comes...then I will move...Not like it doesn't work...I just want better!

regards
jeff

PSB:

Mainly, I am interested in International channels and IA5 Satellite. What do you meany by quirky?? Is it hard to setup or install?? How is CW-600S. I read a good review on Gosatellite.
Thanks
Guri

As pointed out a few times already today, a receiver with TRUE blind scan is a MUST have feature!

Guri said:
PSB:

Mainly, I am interested in International channels and IA5 Satellite. What do you meany by quirky?? Is it hard to setup or install?? How is CW-600S. I read a good review on Gosatellite.
Thanks
Guri

I wonder if that is my review :)

The CW600 is a nice box but doesn't have a true blind scan to find the new frequencies. If all you are looking for is IA5, then it probably isnt needed.

IA5 isnt really hard to set up since there is a ton of stuff on there.

Viewsat extreme quirkey

Guri said:
PSB:

Thanks
Guri

The extreme does not have a quailty meter on screen with reference numbers like the Coolsats do. If you want the reference numbers...you have to go to instation settings. 2( the newest factory firmware has messed up my real time clock...biggest quirk seems to be its usals implimentation...just does not work correctly. I am lucky in that I usa a 4dtv + bud for positioning. Also think the interface is a pain...BUT IT DOES WORK! (as does hardware blindscan (extreme only)
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)