Transferring Channel Listing from Pansat to Fortec?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA6Newspath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Well, after reading all of the great reviews about the Fortec Mercury II receiver and all of its neat features, I decided to order one and should have it in the next couple of days. Although I probably won't have a chance to tinker with it until this weekend, I'm curious if anyone has ever had any luck transferring a channel listing from a Pansat receiver to a Fortec. I did try opening one of my Pansat 3500's .bin channel listing files in Fortec's channel editor (available for download on Fortec's website) which also opens .bin files, however none of the channel listings or TPs seemed to carry over. That said, I'm curious if I would have better luck trying to transfer the Pansat file to the Fortec through Channel Master. Part of me wants to try it, but at the same time I don't want to take the chance of somehow messing up the Fortec receiver. In theory, restoring the factory settings would be undo any problems that might arise, but I really don't want to tread into uncharted territory. Maybe it is, in fact, possible...which is why I'm asking ahead of time :)

Also, I noticed that Fortec's channel editor allows the importing of SatcoDX files. I went to SactoDX.com and found that they appear to have channel listing files for individual satellites. Just curious if anyone has ever used these files for building or adding to a channel listing.

channel master is an excellent program for building your personal channel lists. however, i'm not certain if the fortec mercury is supported by channel master, yet.
there is really no way to mess up your receiver by using the program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)