Help getting Easter Arc Savannah locals

Nice job Matt. Just curious. Did you tag him with a western arc dish? I have a dish mover tomorrow that's gotta be EA and I'd like it to go smoothly of course.

Matt, What does Tagging mean? I always thought if you subscribe to HBO for example, regardless of your point to 129 or 72, they will still come in. What am I tagged to? Would like to know.. :)

A "tag" in our system tells us what satellites you're pointed at, and determines what channels you can receive (which is typically all because most people are on a full arc setup).

Example: If you want to have International channels added to your account, but 118.7 isn't "tagged" on your account, but you do have 118.7 installed, our system won't let us add the programming without sending someone to install 118.7.

We would have you check your orbitals, and if we find you had 118.7 installed already, we fix the tags, and would be able to add the programming without sending a tech.

95% of our customers are tagged properly, and it is most likely determined by what Arc your DMA is.

A "tag" in our system tells us what satellites you're pointed at, and determines what channels you can receive (which is typically all because most people are on a full arc setup).

Example: If you want to have International channels added to your account, but 118.7 isn't "tagged" on your account, but you do have 118.7 installed, our system won't let us add the programming without sending someone to install 118.7.

We would have you check your orbitals, and if we find you had 118.7 installed already, we fix the tags, and would be able to add the programming without sending a tech.

95% of our customers are tagged properly, and it is most likely determined by what Arc your DMA is.

This is very interesting. I didn't know about this. Although I don't need or have any channels on 77. I'm not sure if it is tagged to my account as I don't even get any test channels on it. I believe I am tagged to the Eastern Arc. I'm still unsure how the channels work. For example if I subscribe to HBO and am on 129 and later change it to 72.7. the channel comes in just fine. This should have been a change in Tag right?

I also don't understand why Dish does not install the Eastern Arc Dish on the west coast for people who don't have the line of sight for 129. I was this exact case and they wanted to cancel my contract. I had to finally pay an installer to install the EA dish which by the way was installed incorrectly with 10-15's in signal strength. Turns out he used 1000.2 with the EA Lnb. I later purchased the AI Turbo S2 and the Dish 1000.4 EA from ebay and installed it myself. This was a high out of pocket event but it did work.
Just hope dish would have done this for me instead of me going through the loop.

I now get signals in the 35's range which is very acceptable.

Last edited:
Ok, you're kind of mixing a few things. Take locals and the 118 Satellite out of the equation, and there isn't a difference in either ARC, you can watch HBO or TNT or whatever no matter what your system is tagged on any Dish satellite it's on.

The reason they might not have allowed you to get the Eastern ARC, is now adding locals back into the equation, your locals probably aren't on the Eastern ARC. And Dish usually tries not to do mixed ARC'S though they will if it fixes a problem. In your case it wouldn't have for locals I'm guessing? Did the Eastern ARC give you your locals in HD?

The other thing about tagging, you can't add programming if Dish doesn't see that you have the correct satellite. So when I wanted EuroNews some time back, though it was on the Eastern Arc, dish policy was you had to have 118. So to overcome that, the DIRT CSR told the computer I had 118, and poof - I got EuroNews off the Eastern ARC. (I since had to actually get 118 as that channel and TVJapan are now only on 118 for CONUS)

Locals was a different problem to overcome. LA Locals on SD I believe are on 110. Since I'm on EA Arc with 72.7, 61.5 and 77 with an alternate wing on 118. Another setup would have been 110, 61.5, 72.7, 118 but that would require a DP 44. To keep things simple, changed DMA and got an East locals coming in on 72.7. Works perfect. no issues at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)