Help getting G25 Fortec star lifetime ultra

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sublogo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
long beach ca
Hello all i am new to this fta stuff and its addicting my problem is im trying to get G25 with a fortec lifetime ultra it gots a puff software im getting 80% siganl but quality 0% the dish im using is a direct tv phase III with a linear lnb dms international model jsc321s and i am in long beach ca. and i cant seem to find it.any help will be appreciated.

ok couple thoughts
-the dish is too small. Need a 30" dish or greater
-what satellite are you trying to get? G25 is at 93W NOW but use to be at 97W (which satellite G19 replaced that)

any specific channel?

im trying to get g25 on 93w im trying to pick up tv azteca feeds on that satellite to watch live soccer events from mexico by the way iceberg i see your very knowledge about fta do you happen to know what the puff software is all about in the fortec ultra i got the receiver for free

Last edited:
Your gonna need a bigger dish than that phase III.

thanks guys im looking into buying a 30" or bigger dish im also working on getting a 8foot c band dish for $60

No problem and Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

I scanned that satellite recently, 90cm dish does get it fine. There's also a channel with a camera aimed at a mountain-top, I'm guessing a volcano somewhere. So far no audio on it at all, good video but boring lol.

im trying to get g25 on 93w im trying to pick up tv azteca feeds on that satellite to watch live soccer events from mexico
ok just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same satellite

by the way iceberg i see your very knowledge about fta do you happen to know what the puff software is all about in the fortec ultra i got the receiver for free
**puff** software if I remember right was software designed to steal Dish Network a few years ago. The puff software (again this is off of memory from reading) could be used in Pansats and Fortecs. (normally you cant load different brand software in different models)

God let me look around on the board. I had an old Pansat 2500 clone I think used that....lemme find the thread because we did find software to fix that and load legit software (one of the drawbacks of puff software was a crappy blind scan )

thanks iceberg sorry for late reply i been workin alot just got hire as a directv sub contractor and its alot to pick up use to only doin cable alot easier by the way do u think a slimline wil work to pick up g25 i was lookin at the slim and international one and they look about the same company doesnt realy give out the international one out unless u have work order

The PUFF software was a modified version of the original software that allowed hacking and free viewing of Dish Network. But that hacking system stopped working years ago, which is why the receiver was free.

It should work fine for true FTA satellite. I have one here I was using until recently.

Your problem, as others have mentioned, is probably due to dish size.

If you want to load the original software, as Iceberg suggested, you can probably find it here: http://www.fortecstar.com in the downloads section.

Make sure you have a PC with an RS232 port - not an USB to RS232 adapter. I was messing around with the latter for about a month and couldn't get anything to work, then tried an old desktop PC and it worked first time!

As I remember, my Fortec would sometimes miss Azteca on blind scan. Try entering it manually and you might pick it up.

Last edited:
thanks martyn i appreciate all the info do u happen to know if i can get g25 with a directv slimline dish of course puttin a linear lnb on it

If it has puff software you need to use the cleaner part first

I had an old receiver that had that software in there and SatPhreak sent me the cleaner file which then you can load Fortec software. Here is that thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...in-receiver-cant-find-channels?highlight=puff

You might want to PM him and see if he has the software anymore. I no longer have it (as that receiver is long gone)

The International dish has a compatible LNBF.
If you find one in the field, scoop it up.
It will certainly work on other FTA satellites, if not yours.
I just don't know off hand, and while I prefer to err on the side of caution, it may do the job.

Adding another dish, either with 22khz or diseqc switch is very easy.
Not trying to distract you from your mission now, but something to think about for the future.

BTW, I live in the same area.
There are 80-90 TV channels on the air in LA suburbs.
A quarter or a third are Spanish.
You couldn't hardly live in a better place.
Hope you have an outdoor antenna and get them all ! :)

I don't remember. Sorry.

I started my ku-band fun with a slimline but I soon gave it up. I remember getting G19 (97W) and G3C (95W) very easily. I don't recall if I ever even tried for G25.

thanks anole if your talkin bout gettin ota channels i got that cover if your talkin satellite channels i want to know what dish you are pointin at I mostly want to get G25 for the soccer feeds on azteca the old man is retired already and he cant live without his mexican soccer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts