Help getting re-started

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US
I've used my 4DTV for several years as slave for other receivers. I use it just to set my BUD's skew. But I would like to get all working again.

Can I still download the latest satellite lists and program guide from a satellite? If so, please tell me what satellite and what to tune to and other details please.

I have not inserted the big box in the back of the 4TDV in years. I remember it had a battery in it and if the battery died there could be problems. Do I need this for FTA? Should I just leave it out?

Thanks for any help,

Dennis

I've used my 4DTV for several years as slave for other receivers. I use it just to set my BUD's skew. But I would like to get all working again.

Can I still download the latest satellite lists and program guide from a satellite? If so, please tell me what satellite and what to tune to and other details please.

I have not inserted the big box in the back of the 4TDV in years. I remember it had a battery in it and if the battery died there could be problems. Do I need this for FTA? Should I just leave it out?

Thanks for any help,

Dennis

To download maps and program guide,I would set the dish on G1(133.0°W Galaxy 15) unplug your box for 30sec and plug back in and wait about 1/2hr. That will update the maps,to get the program guide you have to sub to something,but it updates on g1. The big box is for VCII and you can't sub to that, so leaving it out won't hurt. The 4DTV box itself also has a battery,If It is dead your SOL. So the first thing you want to do is see if the unit id matches the id on the screen.If so you need to replace the battery very very soon. Hope this is the info you're looking for. PS: If your not sure about the battery,but the ID is still good than don't unplug it. Just leave it on g1 channel 150 or 3 should be fine.

To get the latest channel maps go to G1-3 make sure the DC light is lit and let it sit for 30 minutes. That will update the maps. You will need to call NPS or SRL to get the guide to work. You may have to subscribe to something also to get the guide free.

I moved the dish for the first time in years today. I was surprised it worked. I need a channel to lock on to on G1 so I can find it. What channel should I set it to and should it be C band or Ku?

I'm not all that interested in the guide, but I do want the latest maps. I'm waiting on a new AZBox.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)