HELP!! HD TiVo lost HD??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Girevik

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Columbus, OH
I've had the HD TiVo for about a month now, and all of a sudden today it betrayed me. I'm trying to watch the playoff game, but when I go to the HD channel (or any of my HD OTA channels) it tells me "channel not available". When I hook the antenna up to the TV's HD receiver, it works fine, and when I go into test signal strenght it says it's getting a signal on that digital channel.

I've tried restarting the TiVo. What else can I do?

Go to "Setup" > "Settings" > "Sattellite & Off Air Antenna" > "Repeat Guided Setup".

Click your thumbs down 3 times and click "enter"

Enter the information that it asks for and wait.
It will be over in about 15 min.

You should have all of your channels again.

John ;^)

WHEW! Thr guded setup's got it. THANKS!

I was hesitant to run guided setup because I remember it taking forEVER on my old SA. It doesn't take nearly as long here. Besides, when I checked signal strength, it had right digital channel mapped to the DTV chanell (which is that I thought a guided setup might correct).

Any idea why that happens? I'd hate to miss getting some of my shows because of that happening.

jawilljr said:
Try rescanning for you locals. Your local stations may be updating their PSIP data. Read this thread for more info.

Jerry

I was wanting to do that, but couldn't figure out how. I'll look at that your thread for future refrence. But what are the odds that all of the channels would have updated at the same time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)