Help! Hooking Up EHD to 922 for first time tonight! Getting Hopper tomorrow!

marty45714

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Belpre, OH
Hooking Up EHD to 922 for first time tonight! Getting Hopper tomorrow!

Yep, I hooked it up and I saw the light come on like the drive was busy. But I see no indication that it is being used or formatted or anything. It's also not showing up in my Transfer menu. What do I need to do to get it working? Anything special? Does it mean anything when my equipment list on dish.com says that External Hard Drive is not enabled on my 922?

marty45714 said:
Hooking Up EHD to 922 for first time tonight! Getting Hopper tomorrow!

Yep, I hooked it up and I saw the light come on like the drive was busy. But I see no indication that it is being used or formatted or anything. It's also not showing up in my Transfer menu. What do I need to do to get it working? Anything special? Does it mean anything when my equipment list on dish.com says that External Hard Drive is not enabled on my 922?

The list on MyDish.com makes no difference, mine has never shown connected there. I would try resetting the 922. Try connecting to the other USB port.

When you plug the EHD into the 922, the drive does start up and it takes a few minutes but then a pop-up will appear asking if you want to format the drive. Unplug the USB and wait a moment or just try a different USB port but give it a couple of minutes to show up.

Just FYI- This was previously a 211K EHD. I had to hook the drive up to a Windows machine, wipe all of the partitions, then hook it up to the 922 again. Once I did that, I got the popup and I was able to use it. Does this behavior make any sense to anyone?

marty45714 said:
Just FYI- This was previously a 211K EHD. I had to hook the drive up to a Windows machine, wipe all of the partitions, then hook it up to the 922 again. Once I did that, I got the popup and I was able to use it. Does this behavior make any sense to anyone?

Yes because the 211/411 doesn't have dvr software on it. The DVR software is loaded onto your hard drive when connected to one of these recievers. So you were connecting an external hard drive with dvr software to a dvr reciever that already has that software built in. Doing that won't work, but I'm wondering if it should have prompted for format. I'll test that out this week and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)