Help. How to get KBS World?

Last edited:
This is like being in some kind of backwards world. :)

Thankfully some posters are seeing what I am, and what the OP is asking about. Forget asterisks, because where I am looking I don't see them, perhaps in an obscure area of their site, I don't know. Forget the subscriber "should have ordered" or "Should have known". Forget that it's not listed because it clearly is. Period. I am astounded that there are posts questioning any of that. It is listed with all the other channels and the subscriber has every right to expect to get it. Isn't that the whole reason Dish pretty much insists you get the set-up they want you to get it, so you don't call because you aren't getting the listed channels? I realize in the overall scheme of things this isn't some major thing. I am just more curious why people think it is ok....

Well... after two Dish reps "positively confirming" that KBS World is only included w/ AT120 or above via chat, I decided to downgrade my service to Dish America. Although I preferred to have KBS, Dish America had all the channels I watch for $10 less/month. From what I've seen in the forum, I was pretty sure KBS would still come out, but wanted to get official confirmation (which the two reps quite affirmatively said 'no').

The verdict? KBS World comes out fine after the downgrade to Dish America. As it was stated here, it seems like KBS is treated as a public access channel, but I assume it's possible b/c I started w/ a dish that was able to receive KBS when I first got it installed. I agree w/ the OP and Tampa8 - this should be clearly stated, and the reps should be made aware. Customers should be expected/forced to understand these details when the channels are advertised as part of the package.

I did a double take with this thread, it seemed familiar.....

To Thor, I may be able to help you out. I shot you a PM and I would need to research some things.

Also, to the mods, can this get "joined" with the other thread? LOL, I thought I was losing my marbles and dreaming about threads.

Thanks for your help on this!

Oh, not a problem at all Thor. To clear up my previous post, I did find the channel listed. Apparently my eyesight is terrible. Looking at dual screens for 8 hours a day can do that I guess, or I am looking too hard and missing the obvious. I dunno. Anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)