Help! Hughes HTL-HD loses Sat. Signal -- Directv wants to replace with a H10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chaotic Machinery

Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
Hello,

I have a Hughes HTL-HD receiver that keeps losing sat. signals. In a nutshell, the receiver all of a sudden loses the sat. signal. It does not matter what the weather or day or night. I have tried resets when it does this. Some times it work and other times it just loses the signal 10 minutes later. Then there are days where we have no issues. Lastly, I have tried to get the receiver to stay on certain transponders, but it keeps resetting back to the default ones (transponder 1, 22 and 8).

I have tried replacing the LNB (didn't help). I have also hooked up another receiver which worked fine.

Directv was no help. They did send me a replacement. A H10. I have not read much praise for the H10 units. I have a couple of days before I have to send the HTL-HD back. I would like to try everything I can to keep the HTL-HD receiver.

I am in the process of trying out a NVRAM reset.

Can anyone make any suggests to help me out?

Thanks.
CM

I actually prefer the H10 over the HTL-HD. I have an HTL now but my parents have the H10. I wish I had picked up the H10 as I really prefer the menus, etc. Could you tell me how you got D* to agree to replace the HTL?

I decided about 6 mths ago to de-activate my Hughes HTL-HD and try the H10. The H10 is not the most stable receiver I've owned, but it is ok. Usually have to reboot it every 2 weeks. I still have my HTL-HD, if you wanted to stay with that model. If you are interested in buying it, send me a PM. :)

sltmag,

I called D* when the issues with the HTL. It was still under warranty. So being under warranty they said they would replace it.

CM

Chaotic Machinery said:
Hello,

I have a Hughes HTL-HD receiver that keeps losing sat. signals. In a nutshell, the receiver all of a sudden loses the sat. signal. It does not matter what the weather or day or night. I have tried resets when it does this. Some times it work and other times it just loses the signal 10 minutes later. Then there are days where we have no issues. Lastly, I have tried to get the receiver to stay on certain transponders, but it keeps resetting back to the default ones (transponder 1, 22 and 8).

I have tried replacing the LNB (didn't help). I have also hooked up another receiver which worked fine.

Directv was no help. They did send me a replacement. A H10. I have not read much praise for the H10 units. I have a couple of days before I have to send the HTL-HD back. I would like to try everything I can to keep the HTL-HD receiver.

I am in the process of trying out a NVRAM reset.

Can anyone make any suggests to help me out?

Thanks.
CM

Same thing happened to me and the problem was the multiswitch... I was using my old voom 2/3 diplexer/multiswitch... They sent a guy out and he replaced the multiswitch and the signals were back with no problem or rain fade.

If you search you will find my thread "Raid Fade with no Rain"

Good Luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)