Help. I had to reboot and it never came back up.

woodyak

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
I'm on hold with the support line now. What are the basic troubleshooting steps when it doesn't come back online? I looked at my signal strength and it's the same as normal. My OTA stations come in normal but I my little satellite dealie is red and I'm not getting anything from the Dish. Grrrrr.

Did that. I unplugged and waited for about 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Same thing. OTA works fine (except for the menus) I get nothing from the Voom Satellites. My signal strength is in the mid 70's and it's raining out.

The reason I rebooted was because the picture kept cutting in and out on me.

woodyak said:
My signal strength is in the mid 70's and it's raining out.

The reason I rebooted was because the picture kept cutting in and out on me.

Wait till the rain stops and see what happens.

It's back. The rain has slowed down and the signal is in the low 80's now. I rebooted and it came back up. I'm not too happy that a little rain killed my signal. Maybe they'll upgrade my dish size.

woodyak said:
It's back. Maybe they'll upgrade my dish size.

A properly peaked dish with the latest software should be around 95-96 during clear weather. A larger dish certainly won't hurt.

The installer was not happy with the signal I was getting when he put it in. He said it was the weakest signal he's ever gotten despite having a clear sky. I'll talk to Voom and see if they'll upgrade me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)