HELP IN GETTING OUT OF 119 SCREEN AND INTO SWTUP MENU VIP211K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I`m trying to get into the setup menu so I can finish my self install. i`ve tried using the menu button on the remote, I`ve tried *#* to reboot the receiver. I`ve communicated with dish network to authorize my receiver so I can complete the check switch test and fine tune dish alignment. they want me to subscribe to programming and pay before authorizing my vip 211k receiver. I`m about to give up, surely there must be a way for me to finish my self install.

Try rebooting (power cord) then press MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 during the acquiring signal screen.

EDIT: Also are you sure the remote is programmed to the receiver? Press SYSTEM INFO on the front panel, press SAT on the remote, then the red RECORD button on the remote.

THANKS!!!! I finally got into the system setup menu. passed the check switch test.
I have a lock on sat 119 but only 39 signal strength on tr 16. nothing on 119 or 129. what transponders should I use for 110 and 129???
so why couldn`t dish network tell me how to solve my problem after my wasting an hour with them???
SATGUYSUS comes thru again!!!!!

What was the solution? Did the remote need programming?

14 15 16 21 on 110/119 are the home tps, and for 129 it's 19 20 29 30.

I don't know why Dish couldn't help, other than their support is pretty mediocre with the exception of DIRT.

I had already programmed the remote. it was your solution which solved my problem
thanks again and also for providing the transponder information for the various sats.
next time I won`t waste my time going to dish, straight to SATGUYSUS. lesson learned, thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

thanks for sharing your knowledge. it was your solution which solved my problem and got me to the setup screen. I had already programmed my remote.
thank you for providing the transponder information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)