help in installing a 2nd multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blkbone33

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
i currently have a triple lnb dish running thru a zinwell 6x8 multiswitch on my roof. i have this connected to both HD and SD tv's in my house. problem is i need at least 2 more tv's to be hooked up and i dont want to drill more holes in my house. I want to add the additional connection inside my house where i already have wiring in place. so can i run 4 lines from the zinwell 6x8 into the house and connect to another multiswitch which i will use to attatch other tv's? if anyone has ideas and instructions on this that they can share with me, i would greatly appreciate it. i am reasonable skilled, but need any help you can offer!!!

I have an installation with the new AT9 dish and 2 Zinwell WB68 multi switches so the information may not directly apply to your situation.
The 4 leads from the dish built in multi switch go to 4 splitters. (Must be power passing on both legs.) The splitter outputs go to the 2 WB68 multi switch inputs. (The lead from each splitter must go to the same input on both multi switches.) (Example: output from splitter A goes to first input on both multi switches. B to second input and so on.)
The WB68 apparently can't be cascaded so the splitters are needed.

i am using 7 of the 8 outputs on the multiswitch and i need to add 2 more tvs. problem with moving the M/S inside is that i have 2 dvr's hooked up and the lines are run from the outside, drilled into the house. i already have lines from previous cable instal inside the house to hook up the 2 additional tv's, but if i move M/S inside, i will then need to drill more holes inside the house and get more cable for the 2-tuner dvr's. i am trying to avoid any more drilling, both inside and outside the house, thus my desire to put another M/S inside the house. i would leave the lines running to the 2 drv's outside and connect all other from the new M/S inside. hope that makes sense and is doable!!
and please, any info you can give, give it in laymens terms. you guys are freaking me out with some of your terms!!!

AT-9 - More than 8 drops

I have the same set up as water1 and can confirm that it will work.
You need to be more specific about where the receivers are now and where you want to add them. I suspect you will have to "do more drilling" but one could use 4 wide band power passing splitters on the 4 lines from the AT-9 dish just before your WB-68 zinwell multiswitch and one set of 4 lines to the outside zinwell: take 4 line out feeds from the zinwell to another zinwell inside They will have to go as another set to the splitter. You will then have 4 lines from the outside zinwell to use , 4 empty outputs for future use. You will have a second zinwell inside with 8 outputs available for "home run" distribution inside. Total 16 outputs.
Doctor j

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts